+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help to advise my SOP.

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
Sub: Application for Study Permit

Dear Respected Sir/Madam,

I, Mar Lar Myint, am writing to you with the hopes of gaining approval for a study permit to continue my studies abroad. I have already completed a Masters degree in Arts (English Literature) from Dagon University in my home country, Yangon, Myanmar. After I graduated, I opened a small shop business with my family and worked as a cashier and an assistant accounts. My responsibilities being (but not limited to) advertising, interacting with customers, and managing our finances. In 2008, my fiancée and I moved to Singapore, where I began my pursuit of a career in Accounting. I worked as a Senior Administrative Accounts Assistant at the World Track Agencies Pte Ltd until July 2012, and then as an Administrative and Accounts Executive at Halford Air Cargo (S) Pte Ltd starting 2014, all whilst working to learn more about the Accounting field. I continued going to school and received a certification on Payroll Administration from the SHRI Academy in Singapore in 2011, an LCCI diploma in Accounting in 2013, and an ACCA diploma in 2016 in Accounting and Business. My goal is to earn a membership of CPA so that after my studies abroad, I can go back to my home country of Myanmar and begin a company business where I am the finance director. I’m passionate about pursuing a career in the Accounting field because I love to wander around Numbers, accounting is fun which includes various challenges. The joy of accounting comes from advising people and improving their lives financially. I knew that learning about it was something I wanted to continue to do after graduation, but unfortunately, this is difficult to do so whilst working a full-time job. Aware of the vitality of education, I, with the support of my husband, have decided to quit my job and dedicate all my time and effort into attending full-time courses.

I am very driven by this prospect of receiving a higher education about a career path I am deeply invested in and hope to do so at the York University in Toronto, Canada. There are a multitude of reasons why I wish to study abroad in Canada. Whilst trying to decide where the best place was to work towards my goal, many important factors played a huge role. Such factors included safety, climate (I’m from a very humid country, therefore a cool environment would provide much relief), and, most importantly, a place where I can provide my 6-year-old son with free education whilst I am pursuing my own studies as well, something neither Singapore nor Myanmar can provide. I’m well aware that Canada has high qualifications in schooling that are valued all around the globe, and that it is home to a diverse multicultural society, two things that are very significant to me, which is why I knew York University was the right place for me.

I applied to the Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Accounting at York University in the fall of 2018. Graduates of this Certificate who also complete the Certificate in Advanced Professional Accounting will meet the entry pre-requisite education requirements for the graduate level CPA Professional Education Program (PEP), the critical foundation of the CPA certification program. I unfortunately haven’t been able to schedule a time to take the IELTS exam to get band 6.5, which is an admission requirement for York University. Thankfully, with the help of an adviser, I plan to begin by taking an ELI course, then continuing my Post-Graduate Certificate in Accounting in the fall. I have already been accepted to the ELI program. I’m incredibly grateful that the college has provided me with admission and an opportunity to adapt to a new country before beginning my full-time Accounting program and allowing me to build a better life for me and my family through the pursuit of knowledge.

Thank you so much for your consideration, I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Mar Lar Myint

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
Do children get free education when parents are on study permit? Never heard of this.
From CIC,

Generally, minor children need to apply for a study permit from outside of Canada, if they want to go to study in Canada. However, a minor child can go to school without a study permit if:

• one parent (biological or adoptive) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or
  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is permitted to study or work in Canada; or
  • neither parent is physically in Canada.

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
From CIC,

Generally, minor children need to apply for a study permit from outside of Canada, if they want to go to study in Canada. However, a minor child can go to school without a study permit if:

• one parent (biological or adoptive) is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or
  • one parent (biological or adoptive) is permitted to study or work in Canada; or
  • neither parent is physically in Canada.
It says a minor can go to school without a study permit on those conditions.
It doesn't mention free education.

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
I heard "Canada’s childhood education is free" . Please correct if I'm wrong.
I think the "free" primary school education at public schools is only for Canadians and permanent residents since they are paying high taxes. (Their "free" healthcare comes from taxes too.)

As an international student coming to Canada on a study permit, you are supposed to be able to support yourself (and those accompanying you) and pay your own tuition fees. This is why we must show proof of funds.

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
I think the "free" primary school education at public schools is only for Canadians and permanent residents since they are paying high taxes. (Their "free" healthcare comes from taxes too.)

As an international student coming to Canada on a study permit, you are supposed to be able to support yourself (and those accompanying you) and pay your own tuition fees. This is why we must show proof of funds.
Noted with thanks. :(

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Noted with thanks. :(
yeah, I never heard children of international students getting free education so it is going to be very expensive for you. Also, you cant write that in your SOP or else the officer will think that you will never leave the country because of the benfits and facilities the govt offers here.

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
yeah, I never heard children of international students getting free education so it is going to be very expensive for you. Also, you cant write that in your SOP or else the officer will think that you will never leave the country because of the benfits and facilities the govt offers here.
Thanks a lot, dear. I will revise my SOP. :)

Alyx

Aug 21, 2017

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
I thought will get free education for dependent children : http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/study/OI_HOW_STUDY_INTL_GO.html
At first, I also thought like that.
Anyway, already revised my SOA. Senior forumers and all, please help to check for me there is any weak points. If there is any, please advise me. Thanks. :D

Attention: Visa Officer

Subject: Application for study permit

Dear Respected Sir/Madam,

I, Mar Lar Myint, am writing to you with the hopes of gaining approval for a study permit to continue my studies abroad.

I have already completed a Masters degree in Arts (English Literature) from Dagon University in my home country, Yangon, Myanmar. After I graduated, I established a minor store-business with my family, where I worked as a cashier, along with the job commitments of advertising, interacting with customers and financial management.

In 2008, my fiancée and I moved to Singapore, where I began my pursuit of career in Accounting. The qualifications I received during my labor are a certification on Payroll Administration from the SHRI Academy in Singapore in 2011, LCCI diploma in Accounting in 2013, and ACCA diploma in Accounting and Business, in 2016. I worked as a Senior Administrative Accounts Assistant at the World Track Agencies Pte Ltd until July 2012 and from the starting of 2014, I work as an Administrative and Accounts Executive at Halford Air Cargo (S) Pte Ltd.

Due to the awareness of the vitality of education, I, with the support of my husband, have decided to quit my job and dedicate all my time and effort into attending full-time courses. My determination is to become a finance director back in my homeland after I have earned a membership of CPA and create a successful own company.

I am very driven by the prospect of receiving a higher education about a career path I am deeply invested in and hope to do so at York University in Toronto, Canada. There are a multitude of reasons why I wish to study abroad in Canada. My personal reasoning is that since I'm from a humid country, a cool environment would provide much relief. The significant factors are because Canada has high qualifications in schooling that are valued all around the globe, the safety of the country is reassuring and it is recognized as one of the most multicultural and cosmopolitan cities in the world.

As for the reasons why I applied at York University are because it is a highly ranked university which offers tailored student services, opportunities to help connect with academic peers, excellent education and above all, unequalled support system to us, international students. I applied to Post-Graduate Certificate program in Accounting, in the fall of 2018. Graduates of this Certificate, who also complete the Certificate in Advanced Professional Accounting will meet the entry requirements for the graduate level CPA Professional Education Program (PEP). I, unfortunately, haven't been able to schedule a time to take the IELTS exam to get band 6.5, which is part of the admission requirements for York University. Thankfully, with the help of an adviser, I plan to take an ELI course from the first week of May, then continue my course in fall. I have already been accepted to the ELI program. I'm incredibly grateful that the university has provided me with the admission and an opportunity to adapt to a new country before beginning my full-time Accounting program and allowing me to build a better life for me through the pursuit of knowledge. I am certain that my chosen course is right for me and I am sure that we can establish the successful own company.

I am showing the sufficient funds with my own-self and my husband’s support to meet the university Tuition fee, travel expenses, and my living cost during my stay in Canada. I have enclosed those documents with my application. Please consider my request at earliest possible, so that I would meet my courses in time and also find the necessary documents attached with this application.

Thank you so much for your consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Mar Lar Myint