N/A
Passport Req..
N/A (Visa Exampt Country)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-03-2015
Hi everyone,

Someone asked me to write a reference letter for her temporary resident permit. I have written a TRV letter for my brother before, but the format she sent me was a lot different from what I wrote for my brother.

This is the format she sent me:

Officer XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX CIC
Address

Identify yourself – State: (1) your name, (2) how long have you known me, (3) in what capacity do you know me, and (4) your status as a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen.

Please speak of my character and services – State (1) specific instances where you have personal knowledge of my service, (2) your impression of my services, and (3) what influence I had on you and your community, and (4) how you can imagine that I will be of service to the general immigrant communities, the Korean community, and to Toronto and Canada.

Plea to regard my case with favour and state that you are able to provide more information if required.

Yours Sincerely,
Your Signature

Your Name
Your Address
City, Province, Postal Code
Your Email
Your Phone Number

Can anyone tell me if you have seen this kind of letter for TRV?
If so, what category is she applying under?

I only met her 4-5 times through a certificate course (I don't know her well). Is it ok to provide a letter like this?

Please advise.
Thanks,
Karen

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Karen111 said:
Can anyone tell me if you have seen this kind of letter for TRV?
If so, what category is she applying under?

I only met her 4-5 times through a certificate course (I don't know her well). Is it ok to provide a letter like this?

Please advise.
Thanks,
Karen
A template is just that, something to use as a start point, but it is not required to be like that. If you find that the format does not contain what you want to write dwn then use another or create one of your own.

BTW if you don't know under what "category" and all that stuff then I wouldn't recomend that you sign anything. A letter of reference is something serious. You should be perfectly comfortable with what you are doing. Talk with the person and make as many questions as you need to feel comfortable.

행운을 빌께요 !

Karen111

Apr 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-03-2015
Jalex23 said:
A template is just that, something to use as a start point, but it is not required to be like that. If you find that the format does not contain what you want to write dwn then use another or create one of your own.

BTW if you don't know under what "category" and all that stuff then I wouldn't recomend that you sign anything. A letter of reference is something serious. You should be perfectly comfortable with what you are doing. Talk with the person and make as many questions as you need to feel comfortable.

행운을 빌께요 !
고맙습니다! :)