+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help: Signature and date!!!!!!!!

newresident1

Jan 11, 2014
On some of the forms my wife has to sign and date (she is the applicant and I am her sponsor). When I send her the documents,does have to sign and put the date or I have to date the documents the day I am about to send them to CIC? please and thank you

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newresident1 said:
On some of the forms my wife has to sign and date (she is the applicant and I am her sponsor). When I send her the documents,does have to sign and put the date or I have to date the documents the day I am about to send them to CIC? please and thank you
I believe IMM1344-E is the only form which requires the signature of both the applicant and the sponsor. In that form, there are two separate date sections for both the signees (applicant and sponsor). One needs to put the date on which he/she signed the document. Both can be different dates.

Is there any other form where both signatures are required?

newresident1

Jan 11, 2014
and even on the document where she signs .she has to put the date she signed or we have to put the date I am taking them to mail them?

grnrg

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No she has to put the date on which she signs. On the forms that you sign, you shall put the date on which you signed.
That's a general rule for all legal documents; Just like in any multi-party legal documents/agreements, everyone signs and puts the date on which he/she signed.

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
grnrg said:
No she has to put the date on which she signs. On the forms that you sign, you shall put the date on which you signed.
That's a general rule for all legal documents; Just like in any multi-party legal documents/agreements, everyone signs and puts the date on which he/she signed.
If the applicant signature date is several months before the sponsor's signature date, does it matter? My husband (applicant) signed the papers while he was visiting me but we can't apply until several months Later when we have all the documents (marriage certificate, Medicals, etc). I was thinking of dating everything the date I sign and submit the applications. Please advise.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
CLYL said:
If the applicant signature date is several months before the sponsor's signature date, does it matter? My husband (applicant) signed the papers while he was visiting me but we can't apply until several months Later when we have all the documents (marriage certificate, Medicals, etc). I was thinking of dating everything the date I sign and submit the applications. Please advise.
Chances are you will not be able to use the forms signed "long time ago", as the forms often are updated by CIC and CIC will not accept outdated forms by more than a month. In my case we had to redo 3 forms as they were updated by CIC, meaning we had last available versions printed in august 2013, we signed them in 2013, in Sept 2013 CIC changed/updated 3 forms and we had to get them resigned. CIC returned our application due to this.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jomz said:
Chances are you will not be able to use the forms signed "long time ago", as the forms often are updated by CIC and CIC will not accept outdated forms by more than a month. In my case we had to redo 3 forms as they were updated by CIC, meaning we had last available versions printed in august 2013, we signed them in 2013, in Sept 2013 CIC changed/updated 3 forms and we had to get them resigned. CIC returned our application due to this.
Excellent point and one that most people don't even think about!

I started a thread here many months ago about this very issue, but...it's been long buried by now!

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
Ponga said:
Excellent point and one that most people don't even think about!

I started a thread here many months ago about this very issue, but...it's been long buried by now!
Our plan was that if there are updated forms, he'll just mail me an updated signed copy. =)

Thanks Ponga and Jomz :)

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
jomz said:
i have a question on this too,i sent our application file in june,i saw they updated the forms in june...exactly which day i dont know,but i realized this after submitting the file..do u think this will be a problem?the month i send the file then it changed.u think it will be returned back?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
ninakap30 said:
i have a question on this too,i sent our application file in june,i saw they updated the forms in june...exactly which day i dont know,but i realized this after submitting the file..do u think this will be a problem?the month i send the file then it changed.u think it will be returned back?
It really depends on when you sent the file and when they updated it. If they updated it AFTER you had already sent the file then no, it won't be a problem. If you sent the file after it was updated, they MIGHT ask you for an updated version of that particular form. Remember not ALL files are returned for one file out of date. Sometimes they just send a request for you to mail them the updated form.