+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help senior members

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hi

I am an international student right now in Canada but unfortunately I could not get in the college because I don't have ielts 6.0 band, now I want to go back home and want to come back later when I will get 6.0 band in ielts test.

I came here on work permit and applied study permit from Canada. College gave me admission after later they asked me to provide ielts test but I got 5.5 bands I tried two times already here in Canada and spent lots of money.

I am too much worried about question when they ask me to return back Canada at port of entry.
I am planning to go back home very soon.

Please if you have heard or have seen someone has similar situation, please tell me what will be possible way what are the things I needed to come back canada what documents and any extra letter from college should I need for it.

Please kindly help me. I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
aquarius1 said:
Hi

I am an international student right now in Canada but unfortunately I could not get in the college because I don't have ielts 6.0 band, now I want to go back home and want to come back later when I will get 6.0 band in ielts test.

I came here on work permit and applied study permit from Canada. College gave me admission after later they asked me to provide ielts test but I got 5.5 bands I tried two times already here in Canada and spent lots of money.

I am too much worried about question when they ask me to return back Canada at port of entry.

Please if you have heard or have seen someone has similar situation, please tell me what will be possible way what are the things I needed to come back canada what documents and any extra letter from college should I need for it.

Thanks

Please kindly reply anyone.

Sarbi

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Hey bro, This is not a big problem. There are many college in quebec who give admission on 5.5 IELTS score.
One of my friend recently got study permit in such a college .
I know many who got their study visa and college admission on 5.5 IELTS score.
French is the first language of quebec province so they don't care about English score.

bonapart

Mar 7, 2015
Instead of returning back, why don't you practice and take IELTS prepatory course. Your written English seems to be good, so it shouldn't be that difficult to get 6.0 .

IELTS is not all about English , it has tricks and strategies for solving questions. I believe if you take a prepatory course there in Canada and practice, you might get 6.0 .

Coming back to your home country and then applying for study permit, it's kinda unwise . Lots of people are struggling to get their study permit and that includes me too, so don't leave Canada unless you have admission and study permit.

~ cheers .

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
bonapart said:
Instead of returning back, why don't you practice and take IELTS prepatory course. Your written English seems to be good, so it shouldn't be that difficult to get 6.0 .

IELTS is not all about English , it has tricks and strategies for solving questions. I believe if you take a prepatory course there in Canada and practice, you might get 6.0 .

Coming back to your home country and then applying for study permit, it's kinda unwise . Lots of people are struggling to get their study permit and that includes me too, so don't leave Canada unless you have admission and study permit.

~ cheers .

Thanks for your reply.

I have study permit and but did not get admission in the college and I came here on work permit later I switch to study permit.

Please reply if I will go back home then can I come back or it is hard to come back? what documents should I need for it?

Any reply will be appreciated.
Thanks very much for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should be aware that your study permit will most likely become automatically invalid and you will need to apply for a new one if you want to return and study. If you are out of school for over 90 days - this invalidates your study permit. Since it sounds like you obtained your study permit but aren't going to be able to start classes in September - you should not assume that your study permit will still be valid when you are ready to return to Canada. It's quite possible CIC will automatically cancel it since you never joined your classes.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
scylla said:
You should be aware that your study permit will most likely become automatically invalid and you will need to apply for a new one if you want to return and study. If you are out of school for over 90 days - this invalidates your study permit. Since it sounds like you obtained your study permit but aren't going to be able to start classes in September - you should not assume that your study permit will still be valid when you are ready to return to Canada. It's quite possible CIC will automatically cancel it since you never joined your classes.
I was trying to get in some colleges but I could not get in because I did not pass their assessment test of english and I tried ielts test two times.

I got my study permit before June 2014, someone told me the rule does not apply to you.

Is it right?

I am very much worried about that.

I want to go back home soon. please help if someone has same situation.

Thanks very much for your time

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
aquarius1 said:
I was trying to get in some colleges but I could not get in because I did not pass their assessment test of english and I tried ielts test two times.

I got my study permit before June 2014, someone told me the rule does not apply to you.

Is it right?

I am very much worried about that.

I want to go back home soon. please help if someone has same situation.

Thanks very much for your time
why dont u take college's english classes....ESL as a second language...u only have to finish that course and then start ur clg... !!

many people from latin america come and they have to take that course since its compulsory for them.... but u can also apply for that and then go from there and see what happens !

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aquarius1 said:
Hi

Thanks
I am sorry, once, you dont study more than 3 months, your study permit will be cancel... I had ths same problem before, but I trasnfered to another college, then my study permit is still valid.

In this case, you may have two options.

1. Take ielts test every week!!
2. Transfer to another college where they accept your admission!!

In my case, I chose the second option which guarantee to get an acceptance letter and paid first semester tuition. It's safe one...

It's up to you... you go back to your home country... but you may need to apply a study permit again....
Good luck.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
dental15 said:
I am sorry, once, you dont study more than 3 months, your study permit will be cancel... I had ths same problem before, but I trasnfered to another college, then my study permit is still valid.

In this case, you may have two options.

1. Take ielts test every week!!
2. Transfer to another college where they accept your admission!!

In my case, I chose the second option which guarantee to get an acceptance letter and paid first semester tuition. It's safe one...

It's up to you... you go back to your home country... but you may need to apply a study permit again....
Good luck.

thanks to reply.

when did you get your study permit?

I have study permit before june 2014, someone told me the rule does not apply to you. your study permit will be ok till your expiry date, same dealing with previous study permit holder student.

Is it right? anyone who has similar situation.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aquarius1 said:
thanks to reply.

when did you get your study permit?

I have study permit before june 2014, someone told me the rule does not apply to you. your study permit will be ok till your expiry date, same dealing with previous study permit holder student.

Is it right? anyone who has similar situation.

I came back to Canada on April with study permit. I cancelled my course on May. This is because the school has no seat for me which I applied the program. So, I had to look for other colleges. I called to CIC at that moment. They said that I have 3 months to trasnfer to other college and give a notice as soon as possible. The reason why every colleges have a duty to report to CIC, if students are not attending... so that CIC has to cancel their study permit who do not attend at school without notice.

Anyway, Good luck