+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - request for file separation on citizenship application

nvnv616

Feb 27, 2013
Hi

Is there anyone have experience writing a letter to request for file separation? CIC put my file together with my brother's file since we mailed them together. However my brother missed the first test date and caused delay for my file too. How should I write the letter? Do they need documentation if any?

Thank you so much for your help!

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
Re: Please help - request for file separation on citizenship application

I have requested file separation from my husband and son's file last Feb. 12, 2013 because i found out that i need to have a hearing with the judge. I did the test on Sept 2012. I sent my request to my local office which is Surrey and followed up last mar. 5. I was told it is still pending for review.

Btw, the agent sent me an email how to request for file separation, pls. See below:
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

File Separation or Transfer

To request a file separation or transfer, you must follow these instructions:

Send a fax/letter to the responsible local office including your:
Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI);
file ID number;
name;
address;
telephone number; and
the reason why the application should be processed separately/elsewhere.i
The local office will evaluate your request and make a final decision. Please note that there is no guarantee that the file will be separated/transferred.

sundardada

Mar 29, 2012
Re: Please help - request for file separation on citizenship application

jeleni said:
I have requested file separation from my husband and son's file last Feb. 12, 2013 because i found out that i need to have a hearing with the judge. I did the test on Sept 2012. I sent my request to my local office which is Surrey and followed up last mar. 5. I was told it is still pending for review.

Btw, the agent sent me an email how to request for file separation, pls. See below:
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

File Separation or Transfer

To request a file separation or transfer, you must follow these instructions:

Send a fax/letter to the responsible local office including your:
Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI);
file ID number;
name;
address;
telephone number; and
the reason why the application should be processed separately/elsewhere.i
The local office will evaluate your request and make a final decision. Please note that there is no guarantee that the file will be separated/transferred.

Hey , Have you heard anything back from them yet.. I was thinking of doing the same thing because I failed it two times and waiting for the hearing with judge for more than 2 years now. How long does it take for the file to get separated and did they get oath ceremony right away ?

Thanks