+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help regarding India's police clearance,urgently

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Hi Friends,

Though I am in US,I need to get India's police clearance.I feel like getting police clearance from India as consulate general in New York can take 45 days to get the police clearance.I am short of time so I want to get it quickly from India.

If Anyone of u have got the police clearance from India ,please let me know the procedure urgently.

Thanks,
Nitin Sharma

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hi lapore12, For that you have to travel to India and submit your passport in passport office for PCC. In normal delivery it takes @ 2-3 weeks(again depends upon passport office). When I went to Pune passport office, I happened to see one agent who told me that he can organise PCC in Tatkal scheme in 2 working days. But I do it myself in normal way and I got it in 2 weeks time by registered post.

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Shish and shubiya,

For the FBI clearance, I didn't have to submit any passport ,so for India's police clearance I have to submit my passport.Clearance from New York will take 45 days and I just have 35 days,I don't know what to do?

can I courier my passport to India ?

Any advice,please advice

Thanks,

Nitin

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
Hi Dude,

The procedure in india for PCC is quite easy. Just feel in the form in passport office submit it. You will get a police inquiry and your PCC is ready in 2 weeks. But If you are in USA then you certainly have to come to INDIA...one more thing, Canadian Immegration requires PCC from all the locations where you stayed for more than 6 months. SO if you are in USA for more than a 6 months then you must get the PCC from USA as well.

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
Nitin courier will not do. Your PCC application can not be done without your presence.

docv

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
hi iapore
try to get it within the time limit other wise if it is not possible just send all the papers along with the proof of application for pcc and add a cover note explaining the situation and send it as soon as u get it after that.people in this forum have done it and i hope it should work.but these are just my views.
all the best
docv

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
hi iapore
try to get it within the time limit other wise if it is not possible just send all the papers along with the proof of application for pcc and add a cover note explaining the situation and send it as soon as u get it after that.people in this forum have done it and i hope it should work.but these are just my views.
all the best
docv

Docv ,

That has been done by the people in the case of FBI clearance.I don't think people have sent their papers without India's police clearance.Is there anybody who couldn't submit India's police clearance but sent all the papers and then submitted police clearance later on.

hiteshdand

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Second AOR 5th july 2010. FULL DOCUMENTS SENT ON 24TH JUNE 2010
IELTS Request
OVERALL BAND 8
File Transfer...
01-06-2010. CURRENT STATUS-- 'COMPLETE'
Med's Request
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2013. MEDS VALIDITY-- 19-02-2014.
Interview........
PASSED WITH FLYING COLOURS ON 24TH JAN 2013 @ 9:30 AM
Passport Req..
28-01-2013. PASSPORT AND PACKAGE RECEIVED BY CHC ND ON 23-02-2013. RPRF DRAFT ENCASHED ON 9-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013.
LANDED..........
21-01-2014 @ EDMONTON.
:)
dear nitin
yes u can get your PCC from india, without u being physically there.
i got my PCC from mumbai- india, by my cousin, when i had applied for work permit in new zealand.
u have to give all the required documents to someone who can act on your behalf.
it takes exactly 20 days to get PCC in india.
among the documents the main should be your reason for being in the US
hope that helps

cancer24

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-APR-10[CIO]
Doc's Request.
24-JUN-10
AOR Received.
27-JUL-10[2nd]
IELTS Request
16-Mar-10[Score 8]
File Transfer...
30-JUN-10
Why are you so late? Just 45 days left now.

This is what I can suggest - Go ahead and apply to New york; I don't think it will really take 45 days. Couple of months back I received India PCC from SFO consulate in less than 10 days. I think more or less same timeline will apply to New York as well.

And even if you don't get India PCC On-time fo ahead ans submit rest of the documents. You can submit India PCC later. But at any cost don't miss 120 day timeline.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

How to obtain a police certificate
India

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests

For districts other than the Punjab:
Applicants should contact the local Senior Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent of Police/ Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Police, the Additional Commissioner of Police, or the Station House Officer (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable.

For residents of the Punjab:
Only the Senior Superintendent of Police or the Regional Passport Office may sign a Police Clearance Certificate.

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

If you do a search for older posts in this site , it has been previously reported that the Indian Government does not permit Indian passports to sent by mail or courier into or out of India. Apparently if indian Customs come across indian passports in the mail, it gets confiscated and cancelled. If you do want to send your passport to India , it should be hand carried by someone.