+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help Provide The Best Option

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Dear Group Members,
Greetings Of The Day !!!
I am International Student from India and I have not qualified one Subject out of my 3 Yr Advance Diploma and I have overall GPA 3.2/4, My study permit have expired in March unfortunatily i have not applied for restoration of status and now I am planing to leave to India as soon as i get the Flight. Please Advice what to do next. will i have to apply for Fresh Study Permit From India to complete my pending one course ( Only One Subject ). I can not understand what to do Please Advice.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Yes you would have to apply for a new SP to complete the one course. I don't think you will qualify for your PGWP given that you took an unscheduled break in your studies and didn't maintain full time status throughout.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Thanks Dear for answering my question. The main reason I couldn’t apply for my application was because my college couldn’t provide the documents on time. So, if I can get the documents for my college saying there was a problem issuing my documents from their side, will it be helpful in my further PGWP process.
and will my application for study permit will be approved as i have only one subject pending in completion of my graduation and i have good score of GPA
Please advice. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Dear for answering my question. The main reason I couldn’t apply for my application was because my college couldn’t provide the documents on time. So, if I can get the documents for my college saying there was a problem issuing my documents from their side, will it be helpful in my further PGWP process.
and will my application for study permit will be approved as i have only one subject pending in completion of my graduation and i have good score of GPA
Please advice. Thank you
Why did you not apply for an extension last December or January? Did you study in March/April once you study permit expired even if it was online? Assume you stopped working once your study permit expired and didn’t apply for CERB.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
I have not worked after expiration of my study permit and i have not applied for CERB i managed to stay in Canada some how as my brother is also a student in canada he had applied for PGWP and i mannaged to stay with him on his CERB payment as far as my study is concerned i can not join the study in january as the date of registration was not open and in May i can not join the college as i can not arrange the required Fee I have not told my parents about this as i dont want to put burden on them in this depressed state of mind i also skiped the restoration period of 90 days and now i have no chance for restoring my status as student and apply for study permit for September-2020 session after going back to India and come back to join my studies. If you have any suggesstions for that please help with your valuable suggestions.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Do I also have the option to apply for TRP along with Study permit application as i have come to know that one of my freind's cousin was in the same situation like mine and he applied for TRP with study permit application and his application was approved in May-20

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do I also have the option to apply for TRP along with Study permit application as i have come to know that one of my freind's cousin was in the same situation like mine and he applied for TRP with study permit application and his application was approved in May-20
Yes, you can certainly try that. There is no guarantee of approval of course and if the TRP is refused then you will have to leave Canada to be able to restore your status.

When you apply for the TRP + study permit, make sure that you are able to show you have enough funds to be able to cover your education and living expenses.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Yes, you can certainly try that. There is no guarantee of approval of course and if the TRP is refused then you will have to leave Canada to be able to restore your status.

When you apply for the TRP + study permit, make sure that you are able to show you have enough funds to be able to cover your education and living expenses.
Thanks Dear,
I will go for It as there is lot of risk while travelling due to covid-19 and Immigration department will also be linient while considering the application due to covid

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
Thanks Dear,
I will go for It as there is lot of risk while travelling due to covid-19 and Immigration department will also be linient while considering the application due to covid
As i have only one subject pending for graduation will i be considered full time student or i have to add more elective subjects for being a full time student

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020

As i have only one subject pending for graduation will i be considered full time student or i have to add more elective subjects for being a full time student

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can be a part time student in your last semester of study.

Jagtar_Singh

Jul 4, 2020
You can be a part time student in your last semester of study.
Thanks For Responding so Quickly, Does this apply to Regular Students or also in My case as i have gap of two semesters, will adding two more subjects increase the weightage of my TRP + Study Permit Apllication.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have not worked after expiration of my study permit and i have not applied for CERB i managed to stay in Canada some how as my brother is also a student in canada he had applied for PGWP and i mannaged to stay with him on his CERB payment as far as my study is concerned i can not join the study in january as the date of registration was not open and in May i can not join the college as i can not arrange the required Fee I have not told my parents about this as i dont want to put burden on them in this depressed state of mind i also skiped the restoration period of 90 days and now i have no chance for restoring my status as student and apply for study permit for September-2020 session after going back to India and come back to join my studies. If you have any suggesstions for that please help with your valuable suggestions.
Did you study after the expiration of your study permit?