+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help...Proof of Relationship inland sponsorship

JesseMaya

Oct 17, 2018
This for forum is so helpful. I haven't wrote much but I have read a lot. Thank you all!
:
7. proof of relationship
are you currently living together

My wife and I recently came to Canada (October 24th), we got married in June 2018 :). It is difficult to provide proof of cohabitation because we just came back to Canada. So... we wrote this:

Since we got married four months ago we have been travelling constantly (mostly outside of Canada). We recently came back to Canada (October 24th). We have spent almost two weeks in Hamilton as Jesse's company is based there. So far we only have cell phones that are connected to my home address which we have provided. Jesse is connected to Maria's bank account in Slovakia and we have provided evidence of this. We tried to connect Maria to Jesse's bank in Canada (CIBC) but they wouldn't allow us without her having a SIN number. We don't have a rental agreement as we are currently travelling across Canada with Jesse's Father. When we get to Duncan we will be staying in Jesse's Mothers basement sweet (free of charge) for as long as we need to. We hope to buy a car sometime this month so insurance documentation will be coming soon. It is hard to provide so much evidence as we recently returned to Canada. Maria is currently here with ETA so we are also unable to provide government documents.

Is this kind of what they are looking for?
Also is it foolish to apply so quickly after returning to Canada?
we are hoping to get it going quickly as the whole process take a long time. Also it will be helpful if Maya is able to work sooner rather then later.
THANK YOU ALL :)

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
That's a good explanation but be prepared to attach all of those items that you have referenced.

It isn't necessarily foolish to apply so soon, people have done it earlier. They will just need to provide a good amount of evidence that there is cohabitation and a genuine relationship. I'm sure you also have 20 photos of the two of you together, with family, with friends, etc., ready to go, so that will also help. Share air itineraries that show joint travel, etc.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if you are currently living together......its required according to the checklist to provide at least 2 proofs......vehicle insurance showing that both of you reside in the same residence will be good.....and at least one more proof......refer checklist

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
You can get a bank account without sin. Try other banks. And you can add her as a supplementary to your credit card.

JesseMaya

Oct 17, 2018
Perfect! Thank you. We just went to TD and they will let us open an acount together. I guess we should put some money in the account as well though eh? I will also check to see about making her a supplementary. I have never heard of this before.

We are also trying to go documents translated (Birth certificate and Police check). Does anyone know of a place that is good for this?

Really appreciate you guys. We are almost ready to send it.

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Perfect! Thank you. We just went to TD and they will let us open an acount together. I guess we should put some money in the account as well though eh? I will also check to see about making her a supplementary. I have never heard of this before.

We are also trying to go documents translated (Birth certificate and Police check). Does anyone know of a place that is good for this?

Really appreciate you guys. We are almost ready to send it.
You can just try adding them online if you have an online account

Reactions: JesseMaya

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
You can just try adding them online if you have an online account
Part of opening account is verification of identity to prevent money laundering and proceeds of crime. Adding them online will likely result in a referral to a bank branch.

Opening an account and "just adding money to it" does not demonstrate financial interdependence. You should use the account as your primary account, for some length of time, and both use it, if you wish to submit it to CIC as proof of a conjugal relationship. Otherwise CIC will disregard it.