+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help,problems with husband

Mimi1974

Dec 28, 2015
Hello to everyone,my name is Mimi and I arrive in Canada about 2 months ago,from the first day that arrive here my husband is arguing with me he is very cruell to me,now he whants me to go back home he whants me to live his house,please help me I dont know what to do,I dont have family or friends here,I dont know even to go autside alone,plese any advice what can I do in this situation.
Thanks.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mimi1974 said:
Hello to everyone,my name is Mimi and I arrive in Canada about 2 months ago,from the first day that arrive here my husband is arguing with me he is very cruell to me,now he whants me to go back home he whants me to live his house,please help me I dont know what to do,I dont have family or friends here,I dont know even to go autside alone,plese any advice what can I do in this situation.
Thanks.
Sounds to me that in your case as you describe it, the smart choice would be going home then. And then try to think about and deal with your situation.
If he hurts or abuses you though, you should call police first.

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
Mimi1974 said:
Thanks.
I would contact immigration. See how they can help. It's probably not safe to stay there.

Mimi1974

Dec 28, 2015
Ok,thanks for the advice,but the only thing that I want from him is to get divorce but he told me that he dosent want divorce he just want to be separate,and if I go back home he will never give me the divorce so now I am wondering can I get divorce here and then to go back home.

MelM2015

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27, 2014
Doc's Request.
October 6, 2015
Med's Request
September 9, 2015
Passport Req..
Not required
LANDED..........
December 15, 2015
Mimi1974 said:
Ok,thanks for the advice,but the only thing that I want from him is to get divorce but he told me that he dosent want divorce he just want to be separate,and if I go back home he will never give me the divorce so now I am wondering can I get divorce here and then to go back home.
Hopefully they can help with divorce. I feel so bad for you.

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
Hi Mimi, I think after one year of separation (not living under same ruff, you will get divorced bay law) he can't just fors you to be in merige.
Are you permanent resident?

canusa13

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 23-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Interview........
DM 20-04-2016
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 02-05-2016
Since you have just moved here 2 months ago, you are unable to apply for a divorce in Ontario.
In order to obtain divorce in Ontario, you must have lived in Ontario for at least 12 months before you apply for a divorce. You also need to be separated for at least 12 months, unless you want to obtain a divorce on the grounds of adultery or abuse.

Mimi1974

Dec 28, 2015
I think that I am a permanent resident but I still didnt recived my permanent card,ok but I have read in internet that as far one of the spouses have lived more then one year in Ontario you can apply for divorce,maybe I am wrong but the only thing that I want is just to start the procedure for divorce here and than to go back home.
Thanks.

koranankur

Dec 23, 2015
Mimi, before you take any further decision, please please try to talk with your husband. Maybe he is frustrated at his workplace or have some financial issues and is showing it on you.

Try to understand the situation. no relationship is perfect. If you can tell him that you love him and unknowingly if your action has brought him to feel angry, then you are sorry about that. Try to be at peace. Like your brother, am telling you. Divorse is very easy but maintaining a relationship is hard.

Talk to him lovingly and ask him if you can help in your both's family somehow inorder to make your relationship work.

Best wishes to you.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mimi1974 said:
I think that I am a permanent resident but I still didnt recived my permanent card,ok but I have read in internet that as far one of the spouses have lived more then one year in Ontario you can apply for divorce,maybe I am wrong but the only thing that I want is just to start the procedure for divorce here and than to go back home.
Thanks.
You can read here how to apply for divorce in Ontario : http://www.lsuc.on.ca/For-Lawyers/Manage-Your-Practice/Practice-Area/Family-Law/How-to-Prepare-an-Uncontested-Divorce-by-Simple-Application/
As a general rule, you cannot apply if you lived in Ontario less than a year and have not been separated from your husband for at least a year. Those requirements not need to be fulfilled in some special circumstances, such as abuse for example, but if you will want to use this clause it will not be a simple divorce application.
You can also find some general information about divorce and resources available for you in here: https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/divorce/

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
If you are being abused/ treated in a cruel manner, please do not feel any obligation to talk to your husband "lovingly". You do not need to try to make an abusive relationship work. I wish you luck in returning to your home country and getting your divorce, im sorry canada wasnt a better place for you.

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
Go back to your country , don't worry about devorce. If he is your sponsor he will need to support you for all your expenses for 3 years from the moment you became permanent resident.
You have adventige over here. Don't be scared. It's Canada if he treat you bad call police don't wait don't hesitate you going to be protected

Good luck all the best

Mimi1974

Dec 28, 2015
Hello.
Me again.
I have a nother question so please advice me.
Now my husband is telling me that if I want I can stay here,he tolld me that if I want I can find job and a place to live because he will not raporte me to the CIC.
If somebody can advice me is this right and can CIC find out that we are not living together but I am still here.
Thanks.

maccolade

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
17-03-2016
Mimi1974 said:
Hello.
Me again.
Now my husband is telling me that if I want I can stay here,he tolld me that if I want I can find job and a place to live because he will not raporte me to the CIC.
If somebody can advice me is this right and can CIC find out that we are not living together but I am still here.
Thanks.
why do you want live there if you came to live with your husband ? Already length of undertaking is 3 years. he has to support you for this time.. but in my opinion its better to go home If you didnt get well with him.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mimi1974 said:
Hello.
Me again.
Thanks.

Stay here , don't lose your PR Status , Find a Job and a place and don't worry about CIC they won't find out and you are not their problem anymore .