+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP! Problem with submitting CIC application, error!

dingdangdoo

Jan 7, 2013
Every document provided but this is the error im geting when trying to do the digital signature, im runing out of time and its wrecking my head. Has anyone else encountered this or is it the CIC system? Everything is correct as i have went through it. What could it be?

Thanks

"Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue. •The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application."

amalawski

Jun 12, 2013
I have had the same problem when trying to electronically sign and send my work permit application:
"The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application..."

I called CIC and finally got through to someone in the web department. They said this problem is common. To get help send an email to Question@cic.gc.ca with Follow up in the Subject field, and include the following information:

Surname – Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
Given name(s) – Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
Country of birth
(If available) Universal Client Identifier/Client ID Number
(If available) Application number
Your current status in Canada
The expiration date of that status
Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses.
Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all.
Type of application (work permit, study permit, visitor record, etc.)
(If applicable) Date the application was submitted

AND please describe the information you were looking for and the nature of the problem.
If you are experiencing technical problems, we also require screen shots of the:

Page where you are experiencing problems; and
Error message you received.

Apparently they respond within 24 hours.

sajid7x7

Jun 19, 2013
This is the reply I got and it solved the issue:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the information we provided in the email we sent you on June 18, 2013, was incorrect. The correct information is as follows:

The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing technical problem. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to fix it at the moment.

Therefore, we recommend you to re-enrol with a new GCKey/Sign-In Partner in order to access your MyCIC account and start a new online application.

During the enrolment process, when asked Do you have a client ID?, you must answer No to this question, even if you do have a Client ID Number.

If you still experience technical difficulties, please note that you may also submit your application by mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
Check to make sure that on the actual visa application form you put your first and last name in the two separate fields intended for them, I put both in just the first name field and that way it seems like the names are different.