+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! PR REJECTED BASED ON MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Hello there, I appreciate that there are forums that help people like me understand my situation better and helps me make better decisions:
I got my PR rejected today and it is as per the following:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Marriage certificate
If the applicant married outside Canada, a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the marriage took place must be provided.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
Biometric Instruction Letter
If you received a Biometric Instruction Letter requesting that you complete a Biometric Assessment for this application, please disregard. Biometric Assessment(s) for this application are not required at this time.
Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, IRCC will refund the fees that you have paid.

I only uploaded the translated version of my original certificate and not the original one. It was my carelessness.

Your help would be highly appreciate!

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hello there, I appreciate that there are forums that help people like me understand my situation better and helps me make better decisions:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.
- Marriage certificate
If the applicant married outside Canada, a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the marriage took place must be provided.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
If you received a Biometric Instruction Letter requesting that you complete a Biometric Assessment for this application, please disregard. Biometric Assessment(s) for this application are not required at this time.
Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, IRCC will refund the fees that you have paid.

I only uploaded the translated version of my original certificate and not the original one. It was my carelessness.

Sorry to hear this. You may want to raise a webform asking for a reconsideration. Attach the original and translated copy of the certificate also. Hopefully, they'll reconsider and reopen your file.

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
Sorry to hear this. You may want to raise a webform asking for a reconsideration. Attach the original and translated copy of the certificate also. Hopefully, they'll reconsider and reopen your file.
Thank you for your prompt reply. How you also direct me as to how I can do that! Thank you so much

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021

- Marriage certificate
Refund of fees

Sorry to hear about the rejection, may i suggest you to consult an immigration lawyer just to know what all options you have.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
You can ask for reconsideration but I am not sure if it will be accepted since they were right in rejecting due to original marriage certificate not attached.
Would highly recommend to create a EE profile again.

Rigesh lama

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Thimphu
You can ask for reconsideration but I am not sure if it will be accepted since they were right in rejecting due to original marriage certificate not attached.
Would highly recommend to create a EE profile again.
Thank you so much for you comment, so if I create a new EE do I have to do it the do all the ITA and what for it ?

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Which options would be more approximate as I can see there are many!! Sorry this is my 1st Time using the portal
From the drop-down menu, choose Permanent residence (applied online) or applied by mail depending on how you submitted the application.