+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP!! Post ITA, submitting a PR application with a passport valid for less than six months

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi all,

I recently received my ITA, and I'm keen to continue and submit my application for PR. My current passport is valid for less than six months, and I'm facing some difficulties/delays in getting it renewed. Is it acceptable to submit my post-ITA application with my current passport which is valid for less than six months? What's the IRCC's official requirements regarding this?

I do realize that I'll eventually have to get my passport renewed, but if it's acceptable and has no negative impact on the processing of my PR application, then I would rather submit the application now with the current passport which currently has a validity of around 5 months. And then later focus on getting my passport renewed later.

Many thanks for any advise, guidance or your personal experience.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
S
Hi all,

I recently received my ITA, and I'm keen to continue and submit my application for PR. My current passport is valid for less than six months, and I'm facing some difficulties/delays in getting it renewed. Is it acceptable to submit my post-ITA application with my current passport which is valid for less than six months? What's the IRCC's official requirements regarding this?

I do realize that I'll eventually have to get my passport renewed, but if it's acceptable and has no negative impact on the processing of my PR application, then I would rather submit the application now with the current passport which currently has a validity of around 5 months. And then later focus on getting my passport renewed later.

Submit now, renew passport and update them with new passport details.

Reactions: bm0

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi all,

Update from OP: I renewed my passport, and in my e-APR deleted the previous passport and added the new one.