+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help: Photo Specs - PR Card Renewal

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am about to submit my application to renew PR Card.
In the Photo Specification, it's said:
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
I took my photo in a commercial photo studio, but the photographer simply use flash on camera, white color painting wall.
After the photos are printed out, I can see the soft flash reflections on my face.
I tried to communicate with the photographer, he told me that they take 10-15 PR card photos a week, and they have a "system" connect to the PR Card Process system, the system tells the photo is good to go.

I read from the forum posts, some of applications returned by photo not meet requirements "Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections".
So, could you please let me know what does the "flash reflections" mean? - only means the glare or reflection from glass?

On the other hand, they stamped on both of the photos, is this fine?
From the specification, it's said on one photo, need stamp, but the photographer said they were told to stamp back side of both.

Thanks and have a safe day.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Hi everyone,

I am about to submit my application to renew PR Card.
In the Photo Specification, it's said:
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
I took my photo in a commercial photo studio, but the photographer simply use flash on camera, white color painting wall.
After the photos are printed out, I can see the soft flash reflections on my face.
I tried to communicate with the photographer, he told me that they take 10-15 PR card photos a week, and they have a "system" connect to the PR Card Process system, the system tells the photo is good to go.

I read from the forum posts, some of applications returned by photo not meet requirements "Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections".
So, could you please let me know what does the "flash reflections" mean? - only means the glare or reflection from glass?

On the other hand, they stamped on both of the photos, is this fine?
From the specification, it's said on one photo, need stamp, but the photographer said they were told to stamp back side of both.

Thanks and have a safe day.
You can't argue much with a photographer who takes 15 photos a day. All you can ask is a guarantee that they will re-take the photo if IRCC rejects the photo for any reason.

Stamp on both sides shouldn't be much of an issue IMO.

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
You can't argue much with a photographer who takes 15 photos a day. All you can ask is a guarantee that they will re-take the photo if IRCC rejects the photo for any reason.

Stamp on both sides shouldn't be much of an issue IMO.
Thanks for reply. I think i'll try to go to other photo studios for a try, otherwise the result could be waited for months and get a returned material...although they guarantee re-take photo without charge, it means little.

Thanks for the reply about the "stamp on both".