+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help!! Pending DUI charges in Canada work permit holder.

R Kumar

Nov 3, 2014
Hi,
I am currently working full time here in Canada. Everything was going very well but unfortunately 4 months ago i got a ticket for care & control of vehicle while impaired. I was just waiting for my friend to come pick me up while i was waiting outside the bar (I knew i had too much to drink so wasn't going to drive). Long story short- I am on a work permit right now and hoping to visit my wife and daughter back home in december. I am not convicted yet still going to trial. Already hired a good lawyer to deal with it. Will i be allowed to get back in after i visit my home country?? (This all happened here in Canada)

Please help my flight tickets already booked.

bruffa

Jan 12, 2015
Hi Kumar ,

Please update where u finger printed during that time ? what is your status now ?

Jbs

Apr 20, 2015
Hi pls help . I got charged with dui four days ago and I am about to apply for pr. Please tell me what u did in your case? Is your work permit is revoked or u are forced to leave the country

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jbs said:
Hi pls help . I got charged with dui four days ago and I am about to apply for pr. Please tell me what u did in your case? Is your work permit is revoked or u are forced to leave the country
If you are charged with a DUI - then you are inadmissible to Canada and cannot apply for PR. You should hire a good lawyer immediately to get the charged dropped. You won't be able to apply for PR until the charges are dropped. If you are convited of the DUI, you will be inadmissible to Canada for five years from the time you pay your fine / complete your sentence for the DUI.

It's unlikely your work permit will be revoked. However you certainly won't be able to renew it if you are either charged with the DUI or convicted. Again, you need to get the charged dropped.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scylla said:
If you are charged with a DUI - then you are inadmissible to Canada and cannot apply for PR. You should hire a good lawyer immediately to get the charged dropped. You won't be able to apply for PR until the charges are dropped. If you are convited of the DUI, you will be inadmissible to Canada for five years from the time you pay your fine / complete your sentence for the DUI.

It's unlikely your work permit will be revoked. However you certainly won't be able to renew it if you are either charged with the DUI or convicted. Again, you need to get the charged dropped.
1. If the OP is convicted for DUI, he most assuredly be reported which will result in a removal order.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hope you well. May I know what was the update on your case.
This is a very old thread. The rules have changed since then and DUIs are treated more seriously. You need to get the charges dropped or reduced to a non-DUI offence. Otherwise you become inadmissible to Canada.