+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help P.R issues im very stressed

Esodarkelf2021

Oct 4, 2017
Please bare with me my situation is a little complicated. I am an American married to a Canadian women. We have one child together and are expecting our second this month. I have maintained a legal status here in Canada for a few years and have had no trouble always being honest and telling them im here for my wife child etc. We applied once for my pr early on but withdrew it because we were having some problems arguing etc..After working.through our problems a year or so later we applied again like 4 months ago and i assumed everything would be fine when i extended my visa since we have a child together were expecting our second etc . But for whatever reason now after all these years the application was rejected via a generic letter that didnt really explain why. I dont know what trhe reason may be maybe because i didnt mention we were submitting a pr application. As of now my status has expired so I am having a consultant submit a restoration of status application along with a dr letter showing my wifes pregnancy and that she needs my help as there are some complications in her pregnancy.

I just need advice im.so stressed..i cant think of leaving my wife and daughter for one day. I dont know why this paper was rejected. Maybe because we didnt show enough money in.the bank. We had a little over a thousand at the time but i had letters showing i have family here that support me including pay stubs etc. Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated im so stressed

Esodarkelf2021

Oct 4, 2017
Temporary resident i had extended sucessfully numerous times in the past so was shocked that this time with my wife being pregnant and all they didnt accept it. But i didnt mention on my most recent application that we were applying for pr , idk if.that would have helped​

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Temporary resident i had extended sucessfully numerous times in the past so was shocked that this time with my wife being pregnant and all they didnt accept it. But i didnt mention on my most recent application that we were applying for pr , idk if.that would have helped​
Part of the problem is likely the length of time you've been in Canada as a visitor / temporary resident status. This is really supposed to be used for visiting Canada for short periods of time - you've been using it to live here. Using visitor status to live in Canada is typically viewed by CIC as an abuse of the visitor privilege. Sooner or later it was extremely likely you were going to be refused (it's too bad it took so long to submit your PR application).

Applying to restore your status is the right thing to do next. I would make sure you include proof of the submitted PR application which demonstrates that you are working to covert your status from visitor to permanent resident. I think this is quite frankly more important than the proof your wife is pregnant. You should also include proof that you / your wife have sufficient finances to support your further stay. Finally, you need to make sure the restoration application is submitted within 90 days of your extension being approved (this is critical). Once the restoration application is submitted, there's really nothing you can do but wait.

Reactions: Esodarkelf2021

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's not shocking. You've been attempting to live in Canada as a visitor for too long. Yes - not mentioning that you filed for PR was a mistake. The pregnancy actually isn't that important and by no means allows you to stay in Canada. You needed to show that you were making moves to covert your visitor visa to PR status - which you failed to do. So I think the refusal was actually quite expected.

When did you apply for PR? Before your visitor status ended? While you were waiting for the extension to be approved? How did you file for PR? Inland? Outland? If inland - did you include an open work permit with the application?

Esodarkelf2021

Oct 4, 2017
Part of the problem is likely the length of time you've been in Canada as a visitor / temporary resident status. This is really supposed to be used for visiting Canada for short periods of time - you've been using it to live here. Using visitor status to live in Canada is typically viewed by CIC as an abuse of the visitor privilege. Sooner or later it was extremely likely you were going to be refused (it's too bad it took so long to submit your PR application).

Applying to restore your status is the right thing to do next. I would make sure you include proof of the submitted PR application which demonstrates that you are working to covert your status from visitor to permanent resident. I think this is quite frankly more important than the proof your wife is pregnant. You should also include proof that you / your wife have sufficient finances to support your further stay. Finally, you need to make sure the restoration application is submitted within 90 days of your extension being approved (this is critical). Once the restoration application is submitted, there's really nothing you can do but wait.
Understood i am gathering everything and plan to submit it as soon as possible

Esodarkelf2021

Oct 4, 2017
It's not shocking. You've been attempting to live in Canada as a visitor for too long. Yes - not mentioning that you filed for PR was a mistake. The pregnancy actually isn't that important and by no means allows you to stay in Canada. You needed to show that you were making moves to covert your visitor visa to PR status - which you failed to do. So I think the refusal was actually quite expected.

When did you apply for PR? Before your visitor status ended? While you were waiting for the extension to be approved? How did you file for PR? Inland? Outland? If inland - did you include an open work permit with the application?
Applied for.pr inland and i applied while waiting for my reply from the extension so about a month or so after i submitted my extension request we sent an inland pr application

Esodarkelf2021

Oct 4, 2017

And yes we applied for an open.end work permit with the application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Applied for.pr inland and i applied while waiting for my reply from the extension so about a month or so after i submitted my extension request we sent an inland pr application
Ah - too bad. If you had applied before your visitor status had expired - you would have implied status and wouldn't be facing the problems you have now.