+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help on visitor Visa extension(parent)

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Hello Friends,
Please help me...
So i'll explain in details. MY parents have TRV (visitor visa) from India which is expiring in 2022(visa on passport)
I recently had a surgery, at that time my parents visited me on TRV (visitor visa). At airport the immigration office interviewed them the reason etc .. they were not able to defend properly that they are coming for my surgery and want to stay with me to help me in my recovery
Due to that, immigration office had put conditions on their VISA that they have to buy health insurance, some 10000$ in Canadian bank account and then put all these document along with an extension to stay application otherwise they have to leave Canada by 12 March

My parents has submitted the documents on 20 Jan , but they have not received anything yet..

The problem here is i am still on bad rest, which means i still need their support but as their application is not processed they are worried as its only one week left

QUESTIONS
1) is there any number/place where they can appeal to process this application faster
2) can they stay in Canada after 12 March as they are still waiting for the decision
3) what is implied status
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

Can anyone please help me ... Please provide me as much details as possible

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
priyankaj said:
Hello Friends,
Please help me...
So i'll explain in details. MY parents have TRV (visitor visa) from India which is expiring in 2022(visa on passport)
I recently had a surgery, at that time my parents visited me on TRV (visitor visa). At airport the immigration office interviewed them the reason etc .. they were not able to defend properly that they are coming for my surgery and want to stay with me to help me in my recovery
Due to that, immigration office had put conditions on their VISA that they have to buy health insurance, some 10000$ in Canadian bank account and then put all these document along with an extension to stay application otherwise they have to leave Canada by 12 March

My parents has submitted the documents on 20 Jan , but they have not received anything yet..

The problem here is i am still on bad rest, which means i still need their support but as their application is not processed they are worried as its only one week left

QUESTIONS
1) is there any number/place where they can appeal to process this application faster
2) can they stay in Canada after 12 March as they are still waiting for the decision
3) what is implied status
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

Can anyone please help me ... Please provide me as much details as possible
You parents can remain in Canada till they hear from CIC. Did you receive confirmation that their application have been received?

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lashen said:
You parents can remain in Canada till they hear from CIC. Did you receive confirmation that their application have been received?
The have received the message the This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on _____2017/01/24(yyyy/mm/dd).

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
priyankaj said:
The have received the message the This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on _____2017/01/24(yyyy/mm/dd).
So they remain in Canada till you hear from CIC. Normally, it can take weeks if not months! But note that depending on how long it takes to process their application, CIC might give them like few weeks or months in addition. So your parents should forget about their application and move on to their normal duties.