+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help - not eligible to apply

ZiyodaSh

Sep 28, 2017
Hi guys

Could you please advise me, i’m having a problem with my express entry application. Before submitting, i checked my eligibility and found to be eligible. However, after doing the whole application I got a message saying i’m not eligible to enter the pool and my score isn’t high enough. The number for the score wasn’t given and it asked me to wait for 24 hours.

I can’t seem to grasp where the problem is. I’m 25, have one year work experience as a conference planner (NOC 1122) full time, have IELTS overall band 8 (L:9, S:8,R:7,W:7), have my bachelors degree went through WES and it’s equivalent to 4 years canadian and I also did my post grad here in Canada ( the postgrad is one year programme so it was from September to May. Should I have entered sept to sept instead?). I have $13,000 in funds. I get no points in canadian work experience and relatives having a PR. I do work right now but part time so I didn’t enter that into application.

Could you please advise me where I’m going wrong? I find it very strange that it didn’t go through and I have no idea why:( please help and thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you're a FSW applicant then I must ask, what is your score under the six selection factors? (67/100)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Are you counting work experience only in your primary NOC in the six selection factors?
2 - Are you married and/or have any dependents?
3 - Did you enter by mistake hours worked per day instead of hours worked per week?
4 - What are the actual dates of your work experience?

ZiyodaSh

Sep 28, 2017
1 - Are you counting work experience only in your primary NOC in the six selection factors?
2 - Are you married and/or have any dependents?
3 - Did you enter by mistake hours worked per day instead of hours worked per week?
4 - What are the actual dates of your work experience?
I'm sorry what do you mean by 1)?

2 - no, never married. no dependants
3. I entered 40 hours as this is how much I worked every week
4. 05/2015 - 08/2016

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry what do you mean by 1)?

2 - no, never married. no dependants
3. I entered 40 hours as this is how much I worked every week
4. 05/2015 - 08/2016
1 - Let's say you have a year of work experience in NOC A and a year of work experience in NOC 0 - would you count that as one year or two years of work experience under the six selection factors.
2 - Did you add 5 points under adaptability (Canadian studies)?

ZiyodaSh

Sep 28, 2017
Are you sure about this? With your age, 1 year work ex, bachelors degree, CLB 9 or greater in IELTS and, no points for Canadian education and relatives, your score should be 66. I'd say double check your FSW points.
I did my post grad here in Canada.

ZiyodaSh

Sep 28, 2017
1 - Let's say you have a year of work experience in NOC A and a year of work experience in NOC 0 - would you count that as one year or two years of work experience under the six selection factors.
2 - Did you add 5 points under adaptability (Canadian studies)?
I just one year work experience under NOC B - 1226.
No, because I believe it has to be full time 2 year programme while mine was just a year.