+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help, need any little advice possible!

Jabb

Oct 21, 2007
I am going to try to make a long story short. I was adopted by a family relative when I was only 11. I am now over the age of majority, just graduated from university and have settled in Canada for quite a few years now. The family memeber that adopted me followed a foreign adoption process and when the adoption was approved then I was granted permanent residence to Canada. After so many years now and hard to accept still the separation I had from my biological parents. I now have the need to be with my bio parents. I could always go back to my native country and be with them.........sounds simple, bUt after all these years living here, is there any possible way how I could bring my parents here and be with them?!?!?! I mean,, humanitarian and compassionate grounds?!?! I would even try for them a visitor visa jUst to have them for some time with me and share special ocassions with me here,,, but given the fact that they are my bio parents,, this makes it hard for an immigration official to be convinced that they will actually go back to their country :( ( HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! either way, permanent residence or just for them to come and visit me......what could I possibly do!!!???!! I feel like I have to find a way somehow........it's jUst sad how the immigration system works sometimes! I am willing to do everything I can

(And just for the record....I am still not clear of the reasons why they took me away from my parents.....and I think the whole idea of reuniting children and parents should be allowed here although "LEGALLY" they are not my parents anymore :'(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jabb said:
I am going to try to make a long story short. I was adopted by a family relative when I was only 11. I am now over the age of majority, just graduated from university and have settled in Canada for quite a few years now. The family memeber that adopted me followed a foreign adoption process and when the adoption was approved then I was granted permanent residence to Canada. After so many years now and hard to accept still the separation I had from my biological parents. I now have the need to be with my bio parents. I could always go back to my native country and be with them.........sounds simple, bUt after all these years living here, is there any possible way how I could bring my parents here and be with them?!?!?! I mean,, humanitarian and compassionate grounds?!?! I would even try for them a visitor visa jUst to have them for some time with me and share special ocassions with me here,,, but given the fact that they are my bio parents,, this makes it hard for an immigration official to be convinced that they will actually go back to their country :( ( HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! either way, permanent residence or just for them to come and visit me......what could I possibly do!!!???!! I feel like I have to find a way somehow........it's jUst sad how the immigration system works sometimes! I am willing to do everything I can

(And just for the record....I am still not clear of the reasons why they took me away from my parents.....and I think the whole idea of reuniting children and parents should be allowed here although "LEGALLY" they are not my parents anymore :'(
Nope you are out of luck in sponsoring your parents. Your adoption broke the tie with the biological parents. They can try for a visitor visa, but who knows if it will be approved.

PMM

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
I am sure that your adoption was not an easy thing for your parents to do. It was out of pure love for you that you get a better chance in life that they did it. I would appreciate and love them with all your heart for doing that sacrefice.

They could apply for permanent residency and you can if you have the necessary funds required add a letter that you would give them a place to stay and help monetarily.

Unfortunately, being adopted does stop you from sponsoring them but there is no harm in writing a letter saying that you want your biological parents with you or you could go visit them or stay with them for awhile.

Not knowing where you are from or the situation of your bio parents, it is not easy to give you answers.

They will always be your parents no matter what .. only a paper says that legally they are no longer your parents but humanitarily they are always. It is not the immigration system that is at fault here. Your parents made a choice and they have to live with it as you do.