Paris
Nomination.....
21 Dec 2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
Dear freinds,

We are doing a soft landing in December and staying in Toronto for only 3 months (Dec, Jan, Feb) to get our PR Card and after that we come back home in March. I wonder if I can send my daughter to school during that 3-month period. Please advise me on that.

Thanks indeed,
Sarah

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It will be closer to 2 months with the holidays and the end of December is not a very productive time in schools. Think most schools would recommend starting in January. Seems a bit disruptive for your child.

language instructor 1

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
Nomination.....
21 Dec 2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
It will be closer to 2 months with the holidays and the end of December is not a very productive time in schools. Think most schools would recommend starting in January. Seems a bit disruptive for your child.

Thank you,

Are the allowed to refuse to enroll my child as we are staying for a short time? What is the rule for those who are staying for a short time? I couldn't fine anything related to that.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I believe ilthat if you can prove that you have a permanent address they will need to accept your children. A lease, utility bill, etc will probably be suffucient to show the school. I do believe they will most likely suggest you start in January for the benefit of your child since it is a new semester. I would highly recommend homeschooling your children using their current (home country) curriculum so they can easily rejoin their school when you return in March. That probably is the most beneficial for your child since the curriculums are unlikely to be the same and your child will be behind their classmates once you return to your home country.

language instructor 1

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
Nomination.....
21 Dec 2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
I believe ilthat if you can prove that you have a permanent address they will need to accept your children. A lease, utility bill, etc will probably be suffucient to show the school. I do believe they will most likely suggest you start in January for the benefit of your child since it is a new semester. I would highly recommend homeschooling your children using their current (home country) curriculum so they can easily rejoin their school when you return in March. That probably is the most beneficial for your child since the curriculums are unlikely to be the same and your child will be behind their classmates once you return to your home country.

Thanks indeed,
We will have a lease for 3 months. Is that enough?
My main concern is that since we are staying for only 3 months, they refuse to enroll my child who is 7 years old. Is that possible and legal?

Thank you so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be able to register. As I mentionned there is at least a 2-2 1/2 week Christmas holiday. The school may ask you to start in January for integration purposes but technically you can join for 2 months in January.