+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please HELP----Mistakes in Imm1294

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
Hello,

I really need your help.

I applied a few weeks ago for a study permit which got approved the next day. I have just noticed that I made a few mistakes in the IMM 1294 form. The mistakes are in following sections:

>Details of intended studies in Canada: Length of studies
I mistakenly put 3 additional months to the end of studies part.

>Employment history
I've never worked so I put my education history which consists of multiple elementary and secondary schools. I made there a mistake with the dates as well. I finished high school in Canada end of January, however I put February instead.

I want to submit a new application , because I want to be honest and not having mistakes in my file. I wanted to know, if there could be a possibility to get into trouble because I made mistakes. I plan to write a letter with my new application.

I don't want them to be annoyed or to think that I tried to misrepresent myself just to get my study permit.

Could you please share your opinions and thoughts?

Thank you very much!!!

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Contact CIC maybe? Or just make sure you get back to your home country after you finished your program?

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Did you get the required duration on study permit which is required to complete the studies? If yes...nothing to worry. Anyway you informed them. That should be fine. Mistakes happen and can be explained

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
HKG said:
Did you get the required duration on study permit which is required to complete the studies? If yes...nothing to worry. Anyway you informed them. That should be fine. Mistakes happen and can be explained
I got the study permit for a few extra months. And I haven't informed them yet, since that I haven't applied again.

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
bryheartpizza said:
Contact CIC maybe? Or just make sure you get back to your home country after you finished your program?
I don't know how to get hold from CIC outside of Canada :( The VO for my country doesn't take phone calls.

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
What is the length of your course study? The VO must have seen the duration of the course on your acceptance letter from the educational institute and accordingly given you a study permit.

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
HKG said:
What is the length of your course study? The VO must have seen the duration of the course on your acceptance letter from the educational institute and accordingly given you a study permit.
My program starts September 7 and the given length on the Letter of admission is 3 years. When I applied for my SP, I just added three years to the first day of school, so I put September 7 , 2019 as end date.
However, I'll probably graduate in June 2019, so they gave me a SP till December ( September+ 3 months )because of my mistake. I don't want to get a SP issued that I obtained because I gave the wrong information intentionally. I'm scared that it may become a problem in the future for when I'll apply for PR.

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
Is there any way to talk to a CIC agent from outside Canada? They recently changed their phone menu and I weren't able to talk to anyone last week ...

MedicStudent

Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MedABLux said:
Is there any way to talk to a CIC agent from outside Canada? They recently changed their phone menu and I weren't able to talk to anyone last week ...
That would be good to know. Can anyone help ?