+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help ! Missing info from POF letter

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I recently got my POF letter from SBI bank . It's missing the following details:

1. Not on official letterhead ( there's name and branch address but no logo)

2. Account opening date, bank's phone number and email is manually written while rest of the letter is in print

3. Debts are not mentioned

4. 6 month average is not mentioned

My home branch is in guwahati , Assam while I got the letter from Bangalore branch here. That's why they were not ready to issue a customised letter.

Though they have attested my bank statements ( stamped and signed).

Please tell me if it's okay to submit these documents and mention missing info in LOE or I should try to transfer my branch/ try getting letter from another branch here.
Really distressed by all this red tape and looking forward to some advice here .

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi all,
I recently got my POF letter from SBI bank . It's missing the following details:

1. Not on official letterhead ( there's name and branch address but no logo)

2. Account opening date, bank's phone number and email is manually written while rest of the letter is in print

3. Debts are not mentioned

4. 6 month average is not mentioned

My home branch is in guwahati , Assam while I got the letter from Bangalore branch here. That's why they were not ready to issue a customised letter.

Though they have attested my bank statements ( stamped and signed).

Please tell me if it's okay to submit these documents and mention missing info in LOE or I should try to transfer my branch/ try getting letter from another branch here.
Really distressed by all this red tape and looking forward to some advice here .
6 month avg balance is not mentioned by a lot of banks (HDFC refused me too). You can attach a 6 month statement to compensate for missing 6 month avg.

Debt must be codified (something set to zero in table) - ask your banker about it.

Why did they write manually? It feels unprofessional and the other example POF here had typed balance and other details. Chances are that you were dealing with a lazy public servant, get them to do their job.

I had the following on my POF letter:
1. codified debt
2. closing balance in INR
3. account details: number, name, etc
4. contact details

Did they refused to give the POF done on a letterhead?

Reactions: DesiPikachu

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
6 month avg balance is not mentioned by a lot of banks (HDFC refused me too). You can attach a 6 month statement to compensate for missing 6 month avg.

Debt must be codified (something set to zero in table) - ask your banker about it.

Why did they write manually? It feels unprofessional and the other example POF here had typed balance and other details. Chances are that you were dealing with a lazy public servant, get them to do their job.

I had the following on my POF letter:
1. codified debt
2. closing balance in INR
3. account details: number, name, etc
4. contact details

Did they refused to give the POF done on a letterhead?
First of all , thanks a lot for replying.
Yes they refused to do it on a letterhead. Nothing is set to zero in my letter. They wrote manually because they printed out a fix format letter they have( mentioning my current balance) and could only add additional info ( phone number, account opening date and email) afterwards . I've tried two sbi branches and got the same response. I've also written an email to my home branch requesting the documents.

Meanwhile will try approaching other branches. If nothing works , do you think this letter will be rejected ? If so , I may fly to Guwahati to get it done.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
First of all , thanks a lot for replying.
Yes they refused to do it on a letterhead. Nothing is set to zero in my letter. They wrote manually because they printed out a fix format letter they have( mentioning my current balance) and could only add additional info ( phone number, account opening date and email) afterwards . I've tried two sbi branches and got the same response. I've also written an email to my home branch requesting the documents.

Meanwhile will try approaching other branches. If nothing works , do you think this letter will be rejected ? If so , I may fly to Guwahati to get it done.
If you do "sbi POF site:canadavisa.com" on Google search and then check images - a few POF examples will show up from SBI, they all appear to not be on a letter head.

Ask them about codified debt indication on POF though.

Before flying to Guwahati, better ask a relative or a friend to visit your home branch and see if they'd issue a POF on a letter head.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

runal17

Mar 4, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yeah , you are right . I will wait for a response to my email then ask a friend perhaps.
I requested them to add codified debt but they straightaway refused to do that. I saw the images on Google and my letter is like that only.
It's really frustrating cause this was the last document I needed. I would have submitted the letter as it is if not for your response . So thanks again.