+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me

rajendram

Oct 7, 2019
I am in Ontario, my mic code is 2171 but my job responsibilities are same as 2173. I can select 2173 in express entry. My employer said he will not gonna change title.
And what are the chances for 2171 to be included in tech draw.
Does job title matters

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
I am in Ontario, my mic code is 2171 but my job responsibilities are same as 2173. I can select 2173 in express entry. My employer said he will not gonna change title.
Does job title matters
Job title does not matter in most cases, job duties are what immigration officers go by.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Does job title matters
NOC codes are based on your job responsibilities. If you've selected 2171 based on the title, there's a chance of it being denied due to mismatch in NOC code.

rajendram

Oct 7, 2019
Hi I am on open work permit and my wife is dependant on me and we Both are in Canada. I have created express entry profile, as my wife is accompanied me my CRS score goes down to 438. Is it possible to withdraw her from my profile? so my score will increase and get the ITA.
My questions are
- is it fine to withdraw her as I already added her in express entry profile?
- IRCC will ask any question latter why I removed her from profile?
- and there is any issue to sponsor her once I get PR.

Any help is appreciated.

rajendram

Oct 7, 2019
Hi I am on open work permit and my wife is dependant on me and we Both are in Canada. I have created express entry profile, as my wife is accompanied me my CRS score goes down to 438. Is it possible to withdraw her from my profile? so my score will increase and get the ITA.
My questions are

Any help is appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My questions are

Any help is appreciated.
You don't withdraw her. You change her to non-accompanying.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
My questions are

Any help is appreciated.
I think it will be very difficult for you to convince an immigration officer that you wife is non-accompanying when she is in Canada with you.

There are several people who have gotten PFLs on this in the same situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply. Just one question her Work permit expiring in November 2020. Once I get invitation what should I do so she can get Work permit extend or PR
She won't get PR for quite some time if she is non-accompanying. Whether her work permit can be extended will depend on your status at the time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I think it will be very difficult for you to convince an immigration officer that you wife is non-accompanying when she is in Canada with you.

There are several people who have gotten PFLs on this in the same situation.
Many have done this by explicitly stating it is for the point.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Most of who have done this have done so from outside of Canada, from what i know.

I think to do so from within Canada even while stating it's due to points is risky.

I remember there was someone in this situation on the forum recently, and he still got a letter from IRCC asking for justification for why his wife was non-accompanying despite stating in his LOE it was due to points.