28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
wait_so_long said:
Is Condition 51 based on the date the person landed, or the date that the couple were married? As I recall, Condition 51 does not apply to couples who were already married more than 2 years.

Regardless of Condition 51, the sponsor would be responsible for you for the entire 3 year term. Since you are going to school, and now jobless, your husband might see that as a risk that he is not willing to take. If this is unusual and unexpected behavior, is it possible that your husband is deliberately pushing you away to save you from something? Is he perhaps sick? Or maybe got involved in something that might put you in danger?

Best of luck to you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

There is also a good chance that Condition 51 might be repealed later this spring, and it would be retroactive. This was something started by the previous immigration minister, but the current minister is looking at getting rid of a lot of other conditions.
I don't think he would report me to immigration but i really do not know at this point. He had no health problems and was not involved in anything dangerous while we were together. He just got tired of me and decided it was over like that :'( thank you for your help!!

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Thank you everyone!! I appreciate it!!

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Well, good luck to you, whatever you decide to do. Every relationship has its ups and downs, and you have to work at it to keep it strong. If your husband is not committed to the marriage, it's better that you find out now than later, after you have a family, or given him the best years of your life. Have a good cry, but then move on with your life.

BTW, this is what I was talking about in my previous post:

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-10-29/html/reg1-eng.php

"Objectives The objective of the proposed repeal of the conditional permanent residence regulatory provisions is to eliminate the requirement for spouses or partners to cohabit with their sponsor for two years."

"Implementation, enforcement and service standards Upon repeal, these provisions of the Regulations would no longer apply to sponsored spouses and partners or to their accompanying family members. The repeal would apply to those who have a sponsorship application in process and those currently subject to the condition. If approved, the regulatory repeal is anticipated to come into force in spring 2017. "

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Linus0 said:
I don't think he would report me to immigration but i really do not know at this point. He had no health problems and was not involved in anything dangerous while we were together. He just got tired of me and decided it was over like that :'( thank you for your help!!
That's the bummer about sponsorship. It's a big commitment especially for those at a young age, when people change their minds about things. Now he is stuck supporting you for 3 years. You could really screw him over if you decided to go on social assistance.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Aquakitty said:
That's the bummer about sponsorship. It's a big commitment especially for those at a young age, when people change their minds about things. Now he is stuck supporting you for 3 years. You could really screw him over if you decided to go on social assistance.
If i have to go on public assistance will immigration be notified of that? Is there any way to get some sort of assistance from him? Since we are married. Without talking to him directly? I wpuld rather go through a 3rd party. Also this is my first time filing taxes in Canada by myself. Do i need any of his information? Like how much he made in the year or his SIN number or something? I really can't speak to him right now or go back to our old house. If you have any information that would be great. Thanks everybody for the help!

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
If you go on social assistance, or give him reason to fear that you might go on social assistance, it will give him all the more reason to report your marriage break-up to the authorities, more than likely ending in removal order for yourself. Greed and Fear are primary motivating factors; better not to wake the sleeping beast if you can help it at all.

Alila

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
And if her sponsor told CIC it was a marriage fraud what should she do?

This is why government should just take off their stupid condition 51. I don't think it's a good tool for fighting marriage fraud.
What it does is giving unequal power between a couple. Look, a couple will fight at some point nor matter how genuine their relationship was.