+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me

ali9999

Sep 4, 2012
im a Permanent Resident of Canada is about to apply for Canadian citizenship. i had diagnosed of 'Schizophrenia' in canada . My question is:

- does this preclude me from becoming a Canadian citizen
-does i have to mention that while i write my application
I somehow remember from my USA experience, that a person with mental illness does not qualify to enter US, cannot immigrate to US, and might be even not naturalized. I am not sure what the situation is in Canada.

I am worried , than the citizenship, but still I need to obtain the citizenship

Please advise, as to how Canada citizenship procedures treat a person diagnosed with a mental illness, Thanks all.

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
ali9999 said:
im a Permanent Resident of Canada is about to apply for Canadian citizenship. i had diagnosed of 'Schizophrenia' in canada . My question is:

- does this preclude me from becoming a Canadian citizen
-does i have to mention that while i write my application
I somehow remember from my USA experience, that a person with mental illness does not qualify to enter US, cannot immigrate to US, and might be even not naturalized. I am not sure what the situation is in Canada.

I am worried , than the citizenship, but still I need to obtain the citizenship

Please advise, as to how Canada citizenship procedures treat a person diagnosed with a mental illness, Thanks all.
- no
- no

No impact whatesover.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no new medical for citizenship and no questions about medical issues for citizenship so you don't need to worry about that.