+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with my SPOUSE WORK PERMIT! Thanks

victorialala

Nov 15, 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm holding a two years open work permit since I graduated from a college in Vancouver. Its gonna be expire on August 2013. I got marry with my husband on June 6,2012 in China. Then I came back to Vancouver for work. I'm working as a creative designer which is listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

Now I want to apply for a open work permit for my husband. And then the problem comes. I checked the applications, in the document checklist, it says "proof indicating you meet the requirements of the job being offered". As the CIC says "your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply for an “open” work permit that will allow her or him to accept any job with any employer if I'm authorized to work in Canada for six months or longer and the work I'm doing while I live in Canada meets a minimum skill level (usually work that would require at least a college diploma). Specifically, your job must be listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

How can we proof indicating my husband meet the requirements of the jobe bing offered?
Does he need any job offer letter from Canadian employee?

Thank you for your help!

Victorialala

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

victorialala said:
Hello everyone!

I'm holding a two years open work permit since I graduated from a college in Vancouver. Its gonna be expire on August 2013. I got marry with my husband on June 6,2012 in China. Then I came back to Vancouver for work. I'm working as a creative designer which is listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

Now I want to apply for a open work permit for my husband. And then the problem comes. I checked the applications, in the document checklist, it says "proof indicating you meet the requirements of the job being offered". As the CIC says "your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply for an “open” work permit that will allow her or him to accept any job with any employer if I'm authorized to work in Canada for six months or longer and the work I'm doing while I live in Canada meets a minimum skill level (usually work that would require at least a college diploma). Specifically, your job must be listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

How can we proof indicating my husband meet the requirements of the jobe bing offered?
Does he need any job offer letter from Canadian employee?

Thank you for your help!

Victorialala

It is YOUR job that you have to prove is level A, B or O of the NOC. You would have to send a copy of your job description from your employer outlining your job duties and salary.