+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me regarding the profession 0213

Jul 13, 2009
My Name is Kaleem Ahmed. I am newly intersted to go for canada. Please see my experience criteria and help me Can I come under the profession 0213, So that I will take any decision regarding immigration.

Name: kaleem Ahmed
Education: MSc (IT) 2002
Certifications: CCNA,CCNP,JNCIA,JNCIS,MCP,CCAI
Experience:
Network Administrator 2001 -2003
Network Engineer 2003-2006
Network Administrator 2006-2009(currently working) Ministry of IT & Telecomm

Please tell me that does my exprience reflect the 28 demanding professional list.

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
I suppose your job designation may not fall under 0213 ( but I may be wrong). 0213 is more into Management and project management in IT with technical skills.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
I second thayyib; your experience would not fall under 0213 (b'ce 0213 is all managerial); however I am not sure if it falls under some other valid category!

afaraz

Star Member
Jun 30, 2009
Karachi - Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2009
Doc's Request.
07-10-2009
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
boltz said:
I second thayyib; your experience would not fall under 0213 (b'ce 0213 is all managerial); however I am not sure if it falls under some other valid category!
Compare your duties with 0213 and decide yourself. If you feel you are matching with the duties. Go for it.

Please also remember me in your prayers.

Jul 13, 2009
kaleemqureshi79 said:
Thanks for respnoding me

I search this link: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Occupations.aspx?val=2 where I find my catagory or code which is 2281.

Now under this code or catagory, Now I can come under the 38 occupation list. Does my case come under the fast processing.

BikramCheema

Jan 13, 2009
I am working as a consultant with an MNC in Test Engineering team for last 2.5 years. My duties are as follows. Actually I applied under 2171, then rules changed, Do I fall under 0213?

• Devise Quality Control testing strategies, procedures and test cases for products.
• Develop and implement process level and module level tests based on product
architecture
• Coordinate with software developers to understand product implementation and code
reviews
• Review test case book and other project-specific quality documents
• Participate in periodic project status meetings
• Ensure adherence to processes related to quality control
• Conduct evaluation of automated tools and report preparation
• Educate/help peers from development team in filling various quality formats (e.g. Release
Note)
• Manage inter group co-ordination (development team, system admin etc. etc)
• Manage complete product quality signoff leading to product release
• Conduct independent casual analysis on the defects trend and numbers
• Participate in pre-sales efforts requiring Test practice knowledge

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As Salam Alaikum Kaleem,

I think still you do not have to worry and check the below link where it clearly gives the titles used under NOC- 0213.

http://www.canadavisa.com/example-titles-38-qualifying-occupations-federal-skilled-worker.html

Hope this is helpful for you however I would like you to check for the job responsibilities of Internet Systems Administrator and mention the same in your resume (hopefully those are much alike)

Happy Days!!!

Chuppilad

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
Hi Bikram,

According to me your duties does not look like a 100% match with that of 213. But if you furnish proof of the duties which can match with the 213 category, then you should definitely apply.

I may be wrong in my reading of your duties as I'm not an expert, but this is what I heard from all my friends who had applied and some got issued and some rejected.

Definitely take a look at the responsibilities mentioned in the HRSDC website and then take a call.

All the best

C Lad

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
let's say one goes ahead and applied under 0213 for now in the hope that their job duties match the requirements...in case CIC find otherwise and rejects...does that mean the person is barred from applying for PR in the future...say under FSW but with AEO this time?

aziztanoli

Jul 28, 2007
my case ,might b help full for u,I apllied under NOC 2281 in July 2008,b4 the 38 list,(only simple application,no documents attached).when i come 2 know about he 38 list,i checked NOC 0213, in detail,where 2281 was under the heading of CLASSIFIED ELSWHERE,so, i thought that CIC, automaticaly include my application for consideration under NOC 0213,but they did not,so two months back i sent an e-mail to CHC islamabad and NS,to change my NOC 0213,as some of my job duties r matched with NOC 0213,and around 2 weeks ago i send a fax to NS,with same subject.yet waiting for reply from NS.