+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me out guys...

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Received ITA yesterday with 1 year and 11 months of work experience but my express entry profile updated my CRS for 2 years of experience in ITA. Should I wait for one month and then submit my application or can I submit it now as I also have the PNP nomination so my CRS score is 1043.
Show less

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Received ITA yesterday with 1 year and 11 months of work experience but my express entry profile updated my CRS for 2 years of experience in ITA. Should I wait for one month and then submit my application or can I submit it now as I also have the PNP nomination so my CRS score is 1043.
Show less
Wait a month a submit when you have a year of experience.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
You. Don't have to wait
The experience is calculated on month to month basis by IRCC.
Go ahead with your application

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I think if you are above the minimum score you don't have to wait, but they will re-calculate points to match only 1 year of experience, and tbh, it's best to avoid any additional step and added complexities unless you can't help it. It's best to chill until you get 2 years of experience and then apply. Do make sure that the employer letter is issued after you have completed 2 years. I believe they only count up to the date on the letter.

Reactions: Kirat Dhaliwal

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
I think if you are above the minimum score you don't have to wait, but they will re-calculate points to match only 1 year of experience, and tbh, it's best to avoid any additional step and added complexities unless you can't help it. It's best to chill until you get 2 years of experience and then apply. Do make sure that the employer letter is issued after you have completed 2 years. I believe they only count up to the date on the letter.
Yes I also think I should be fine as long as my CRS score is above the cut-off score but the thing is if they consider my 2nd year of work experience as a misrepresentation because I won't be able to prove that before 17 Feb. I will get my employer letter on 17 Feb and then submit my application on 18 Feb.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Yes I also think I should be fine as long as my CRS score is above the cut-off score but the thing is if they consider my 2nd year of work experience as a misrepresentation because I won't be able to prove that before 17 Feb. I will get my employer letter on 17 Feb and then submit my application on 18 Feb.
That is the best approach. By waiting 1 more month, you will save tons of headaches down the road for the rest of the process. Hold steady, you got this.

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
That is the best approach. By waiting 1 more month, you will save tons of headaches down the road for the rest of the process. Hold steady, you got this.
I have total 48 paystubs for my 2 years of work experience but in 9 paystubs I did not complete 30hrs per week. they were between 22-28hrs per week. is it a issue or not?

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I have total 48 paystubs for my 2 years of work experience but in 9 paystubs I did not complete 30hrs per week. they were between 22-28hrs per week. is it a issue or not?
It should be fine, they will be more interested in that you maintained your job during that time.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
You have to meet all the hours. For weeks where you only worked 22 hours you need additional days to be able to claim all the hours they require. Anything above 30 hours doesn't count; anything under 30 hours requires additional days/weeks to fulfil the required number of hours (2x1560 = 3120 hours). You can't have 3110 and be ok. (Unless they calculate incorrectly). It's always a recommendation to have a bit more than you need, just in case.

Reactions: Miracle2018

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
You have to meet all the hours. For weeks where you only worked 22 hours you need additional days to be able to claim all the hours they require. Anything above 30 hours doesn't count; anything under 30 hours requires additional days/weeks to fulfil the required number of hours (2x1560 = 3120 hours). You can't have 3110 and be ok. (Unless they calculate incorrectly). It's always a recommendation to have a bit more than you need, just in case.
The more you know. Thanks for the clarification @SatNight

Reactions: SatNight

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Yes, they count hours, not weeks. You have to make sure that you meet the required number of hours (and not counting anything above 30 per week).
But in those paystubs my regular hours were less than 30hrs per week but there is another section of vacation and stat pay, its been more than 30hrs if I calculate them cumulatively.