+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me , Just Received PR

EJKKK0524

Jan 5, 2022
My husband is a citizen, and I went through the formalities with the Canadian law firm to apply to bury me, and I just received a PR to land in July, and the family problem is that I have one more new born baby, and I have notified the lawyer, so they suggested that I do the apply for naturalization when he arrives in Canada

Two weeks before the PR was issued, the lawyer had already emailed to IRCC. We have new family members, but we did not receive any reply for apply the documents, and the PR has all my information not included my son . I would like to ask who have experience to help me, generally IRCC will issue a temp passport as a PR for my new born baby? I’m worried about will it influence my first land ?

I have research so informationon the Internet, and I usually have to submit the forms and documents, such as Passport, the height of the photo is the same as the eye color, and there are other things I want to submit. Can I prepare now or waiting for the law firm?
Because the lawyers are not so reliable that we have to submit.

Ask for advice, many thanks!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You really MUST advise IRCC of change in family composition (newborn) BEFORE you first land.

I do not know that there is an apply-for-naturalization option for you here - usual procedure is to add to your existing application, which - yes - will mean delays.

Your best bet is to contact IRCC - possibly/probably through the office that issued your COPR and visa.

(I am not suggesting and if you do not trust your lawyers, don't try it - if you did cross border before getting this sorted for kid - MUST disclose of newborn before or at crossing. If not - the child could be ineligible forever.)

No, IRCC does not issue passports for newborn children-of-PRs.

EJKKK0524

Jan 5, 2022
You really MUST advise IRCC of change in family composition (newborn) BEFORE you first land.

I do not know that there is an apply-for-naturalization option for you here - usual procedure is to add to your existing application, which - yes - will mean delays.

Your best bet is to contact IRCC - possibly/probably through the office that issued your COPR and visa.

(I am not suggesting and if you do not trust your lawyers, don't try it - if you did cross border before getting this sorted for kid - MUST disclose of newborn before or at crossing. If not - the child could be ineligible forever.)

that’s mean they will process temp passport for my new born as my husband is citizen?

EJKKK0524

Jan 5, 2022

cause my first kid getting Canada passport already