+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me,is it misrepresentation?I feel very sad now.

dby1535

Mar 8, 2017
Dear friends,

Please help me,if my situation is misrepresentation mentioned by CIC or not?I feel really sad now.after I got FN from federal,I found my IMM5669 I made mistake,form question 9,Indicate the names of all membership or association with organizations you are or were a member of, including:I wrote I have never been a member of an organization or association.recently,I found I joined France club,it's student organization organize by french embassy.I applied online and only joined one french concert,that's all.I wrote explaination letter to CIC immediately.

how to understand immigration law 40. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation o (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act what is material facts? what is administration of this Act?Please tell me,it's really important,God bless you all.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Don't panic. This really isn't a problem. When did you submit your application and when did you notify cic about this?

dby1535

Mar 8, 2017
thank you very much.I am really appreciate.I just got Fn recentaly,and sent explanation letter these days.

any friends know how to understand immigration law 40. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation o (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act what is material facts? what is administration of this Act?Please tell me,it's really important,God bless you all.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
dby1535 said:
Dear friends,

Please help me,if my situation is misrepresentation mentioned by CIC or not?I feel really sad now.after I got FN from federal,I found my IMM5669 I made mistake,form question 9,Indicate the names of all membership or association with organizations you are or were a member of, including:I wrote I have never been a member of an organization or association.recently,I found I joined France club,it's student organization organize by french embassy.I applied online and only joined one french concert,that's all.I wrote explaination letter to CIC immediately.

how to understand immigration law 40. (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation o (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act what is material facts? what is administration of this Act?Please tell me,it's really important,God bless you all.
Ok please dont worry about this too much ok ? Even if they had found out before you wrote them it would be something you would be able to explain... You found about it and wrote them, there is nothing to be sad about... a lot of people write explanations for cic for more serious issues, this wont be a problem... this is what cse is for.... dont worry

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you forgot but you did tell them before they did find out, so you are on safe side. Mispresentation is when your are hiding something on purpose.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
dby1535 said:
thank you very much ,I am really appreciate,God bless you all.
You too

dby1535

Mar 8, 2017
should I send new IMM5669 with signature to Sydney?

dby1535 said:
Dear friends,

uzumaki

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
Nomination.....
30-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
IMO! There is no reason to worry. Even if you wouldn't have sent that, it's wasn't going to be an issue.
Did you come across any scenario where people were rejected due to this kind of reasons ? I highly doubt it.

VO is verifying only if you were involved in any crime, deportation etc., and POF. Others details are checked but not at that serious note. They will get back to you, if they need any clarifications.

Cheers!

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
This is also a question in the personal history section. Could you guide, what are professional organisations? I have the membership of information security organisation like ISACA, US, ISC2, US as, I am CISA, CISM and CRISC from ISACA and CISSP from ISC2. These are educational membership to the security institute. I do attend the chapter meeting and conferences organised by them.

Also, my spouse is a member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) as she is Chartered accountant. Shall we mention the same?

Thank you!

honeywonder

Jan 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
Med's Request
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
dby1535 said:
Dear friends,

Hi , please, how did you inform CiC of your situation. I am in a similar but more complicated situation. I mistakenly clicked PH.D in my profile rather than a masters. That was a honest mistake and I only discovered it today. Apparently, I got additional scores as a result and I have even submitted my eAPR.

Can anyone advise on the likely consequence of this mistake? WILL I BE CONSIDERED?
Do I have to withdraw my eAPR?

please advise urgently

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
honeywonder said:
Hi , please, how did you inform CiC of your situation. I am in a similar but more complicated situation. I mistakenly clicked PH.D in my profile rather than a masters. That was a honest mistake and I only discovered it today. Apparently, I got additional scores as a result and I have even submitted my eAPR.

Can anyone advise on the likely consequence of this mistake? WILL I BE CONSIDERED?
Do I have to withdraw my eAPR?

please advise urgently
You need to raise a CSE. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2

Before you send this calculate what your points should be. Then check if that score is still higher than the date you got your ita.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. That question mostly for IRCC to check if you were part of some groups/organizations that can pose potential threats to Canada's securities, like paramilitary group or extreme religious group.

I know a lot of applicants from many communist countries, didn't even bother to put down some organizations they were part of, like Pioneer's Organization or Youth's Union, and they all got their PRs.

dby1535

Mar 8, 2017
Dear Pawshi,

I got information from immigration lawyer this is what he told me Time is of the essence.

Before a determination is made by the case processing officer you may update the file; and the officer is obligated to consider the revised information.

For your situation,I think you should tell them,maybe it takes longer to check background,but if you don't menition the real background,cic find by themselve,that's misrepresentation,it's serious crime,they will ban you for 5 years.it's really not worth it to take this risk.