+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP ME IMPrOVE MY APPLICATION. I need it badly.

lzg

Mar 15, 2012
Hi Good day! I'm a female,22 years old, single. from Philippines. I applied for a tourist visa last february 29, 2012 and I got denied.
It says in the letter that I was not able to satisfy the VO that i meet the requirements of regulation 179. that I would leave Canada at the end of the temporary period if I were authorized to enter. I am planning to reapply again this May 2012. I would like to hear your insights and ask your help to help me out in improving my application.

*your travel history ( I have no travel history)

*your immigration status (I'm a filipino citizen)

*your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence (My sister is a canadian citizen. My aunt and her family lived in canada as well)
I will travel with my mom and dad, I have 2 brothers who will be left here)

*length of proposed stay in canada ( one month)

*purpose of visit (to stand as Maid of honor in my sister's wedding)

*limited employment prospects in your country of residence ( I am a nursing graduate. Now I am currently enrolled as a college student. I will be taking my second course this coming semester)

*your personal assets and financial status (I do not have assets under my name for I am still dependent to my parents. I have a bank account having $2500 plus we had opened a new bank account,( joint account with my mom having $5000) will this be enough? it is a joint account. newly opened. does it matter if it is just a new account?

The things I will submit to canadian embassy manila;
The application form (5 pages plus the checklist)
passport
3 passport sized picture
notarized invitation letter (stating that she would be the one to shoulder all my expenses (foods, shelter, travel,etc)
my aunt, uncle and sister's T4
my aunt,uncle and sister's employment record
my aunt and my sister's certificate of citizenship
my aunt and my uncle's bank statement
a copy of my sister's passport
my aunt,sister and uncle's last two pay stub
my bank account having $2500 and the one having $5000)
invitation of my sister's wedding
Registration form from school (will this give me a point?as a proof of ties in my home country?)

I was denied once now I am planning to re-apply again. I would like to hear from you my chance of being granted this time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry - I think your chance of being approved are unfortunately pretty low given your age, single status, lack of travel history, your home country and strong ties with Canada. By all means try applying again - but I think there's a good chance you're looking at another refusal. Definitely include the school registration form and also proof that you have already paid the tuition fees for the classes you are going to attend.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try focus and convince the VO that you would come back here in the phil because you are the one who take good care of the parents and your ties with home country.

jsinghj88

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
i hope dis quote will help u

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-notice-for-visitors-t101493.0.html

lzg

Mar 15, 2012
thank you for your reply.

Yes I am planning to enclose a letter to the VO stating my reasons why I should be there and why i should come back. I am just hoping that he/she will read it.

...here's a part of my letter

The purpose of my visit is to witness and be the Maid of Honor in my sister’s wedding. I hope you understand the importance of this day to us as a family. It is a once in a lifetime event that we do not want to miss. Our presence would be our only gift to her. For we know, that to have your loved ones with you as you take another step in your life is more wonderful than any other gifts out there.
I have lots of reasons to go back to Philippines. First and foremost, my family is here. I am the one who take good care of our parents so definitely I will be coming home with them. Second, I have to go back to school after the semester break (September) to continue my education. And lastly, we have assets to manage here in the Philippines.
Once again I would like to humbly request you to consider my application and grant me a visitor’s visa.
Thank you and God bless.

Dunno what more can i say to convince the VO that I really have no plans of over staying. :(((( its kinda frustrating.