+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me choosing the options I have. PG Diploma or certificate vs Masters

@Mukunda

Dec 1, 2020
Hi All,

I need to know which is better? I have offer from uWinsor for MoM in Data analytics and Lambton College for AIML. I am looking for job after my masters or PGD. So in terms of getting job, is it good to stay in Toronto opting the IT course or get masters and move to a place to find a suitable job as from my research I know Windsor is not famous for IT or employment. Can anyone advice on this dilemma with experience?

Adding to this, I love both tech and managerial courses. (I'm techie with 5+ years of exp and leading a small team. )
1. Lambton provide Co-op facility, however, Uwindsor don't.
2. But Lambton provide PG Cert whereas UW awards masters degree. In the given situation please help me making a right choice from my career perceptive.
3. Toronto is expensive compared to Windsor for living.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My advice is to take a look at London, Kitchener or Hamilton. They're all smaller cities close to Toronto with apparently good job opportunities. For IT, Kitchener would probably be the better option. Those cities offer college and university option.

London: Fanshawe College and Wester University of Ontario
Kitchener/Waterloo: Conestoga College and Waterloo University
Hamilton: Mohawk College and McMaster University

If you have the budget, go for a master at an university. Else, a PG would be a nice option too. Try to look for something that would add value to your current career and experience as this is analyzed by the immigration agent that checks your application.

Reactions: @Mukunda