+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help. May need to withdraw application

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Hi everyone
My husbands pr card renewal application was sent in October, after having a second look at his application/passport there's some things that don't add up. He went to uae on a work visa for a few months but did not end up working more than a month there and continued to stay with family the other 2 monthst . His uae visa says the hotel who sponsored him for the work visa and that it was indeed a work visa. Are we going to have issues with this? In travel
History section we put he traveled to uae to visit family and not to work as i completely missed this ( he has a lot of travel). Please advise!
Thank you

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
kelsey199200 said:
Hi everyone
My husbands pr card renewal application was sent in October, after having a second look at his application/passport there's some things that don't add up. He went to uae on a work visa for a few months but did not end up working more than a month there and continued to stay with family the other 2 monthst . His uae visa says the hotel who sponsored him for the work visa and that it was indeed a work visa. Are we going to have issues with this? In travel
History section we put he traveled to uae to visit family and not to work as i completely missed this ( he has a lot of travel). Please advise!
Thank you
I think if you declare all absence in application then you should be fine. From 2011 most of applicant who have UAE or any other middle east valid or expired stamps gone through Secondary review or RQ

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Thank you so much for the reply
I've heard this before, but why do they get a secondary review?
Would they not see this as a lie on the application as his his uae visa clearly states its a work visa and i put that he was there to just visit family. When/If he revieves a RQ should i then put the "truth" that he did in fact work there? and i did make a mistake on the initial application.
Thank you!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
kelsey199200 said:
Thank you so much for the reply
I've heard this before, but why do they get a secondary review?
Would they not see this as a lie on the application as his his uae visa clearly states its a work visa and i put that he was there to just visit family. When/If he revieves a RQ should i then put the "truth" that he did in fact work there? and i did make a mistake on the initial application.
Thank you!
I have personal experience my passports have Qatar expired work visa stamps and i got secondary review and my wife passports have expired Qatar family visa stamps she got RQ for citizenship application this happened with thousands applicants.

if you are not planning to travel soon then you can withdraw it or write a letter to CIC and correct this mistake it will give you peace of mind.

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Wow such a long process, do you think if i leave it that I would get in trouble for in their eyes "lying" and then just explaining my mistake if I get asked. The problem I forgot it in 2 parts, the work history and the travel history.
Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
kelsey199200 said:
Wow such a long process, do you think if i leave it that I would get in trouble for in their eyes "lying" and then just explaining my mistake if I get asked. The problem I forgot it in 2 parts, the work history and the travel history.
Thanks
Write a letter explaining the discrepancy and advising them of the correct information. Explain to them why/how the mistake was made and be clear that it was not intentional and you would like to rectify the situation. That would suffice. Don't wait until they ask about it because they may just deny it and not ask.

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Thank you for the reply, do you think withdrawing the application is necessary? We sent in the application early October how would we send additional documents with enough tome for them to receive before they open the application?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
kelsey199200 said:
Thank you for the reply, do you think withdrawing the application is necessary? We sent in the application early October how would we send additional documents with enough tome for them to receive before they open the application?
It's OK if they opened the application. You just want to get the information corrected before being completed or denied. I wouldn't withdraw the application unless he is at risk for not meeting the RO because of the new information. All that would do is lose your current place in line. Just send it to the same address as you do for the card renewal, use his UCI/PR card # as an identifier.

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
He definitely meets the RO, scary to think this would cause him to be deported if they deny it. Thank you for the advise. Is there a possibility they will deny it before seeing the corrected mistake?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
kelsey199200 said:
He definitely meets the RO, scary to think this would cause him to be deported if they deny it. Thank you for the advise. Is there a possibility they will deny it before seeing the corrected mistake?
I don't think he could/would be deported over it so don't think that way.

I don't know what the odds are, honestly. I think you'll be ok since they are taking a bit now for PR renewals.