+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Please help] LIMA Procedure for employer

gxtj

Feb 13, 2016
I've an employer who is willing to file LIMA to support my PR. He is not familiar with the process. I need some help from you guys.

1. I found this instructions page: albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/applying-for-lmo.aspx but the link on the 6th step (Submit an application for an LMIA) redirects to an error page. Does anyone have the right link?

2. The first step states The employer needs to mention the NOC code. I'm a digital marketer with over 3 years of verifiable digital marketing experience. Should he use the code 0124 or 1123 ? I read here that 0124 would be difficult because lots a managerial post and that requires a lot of proof and stuff. However, that code suits my work more. Please suggest.

3. My bachelors degree is in engineering and is not related to my NOC. Would that matter? On the NOC code page.. under the responsibilities it also states I need to have bachelors in management or advertising. However, I've read on this forum that only work experience/occupation is used for NOC and qualification is not. Please suggest.

4. On further research, I found this page canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/foreign-workers-hire-permanent/apply.html .. if you scroll down to the "How to apply" section, you will see the LIMA application form pdf. Is that the right one? Also, is there anything else required other than advertising for this job position for a month and filling that form and submitting to the government?

Waiting for your answers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your employer should follow the detailed steps outlined here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/hire/median-wage/high.html

gxtj

Feb 13, 2016
scylla said:
Your employer should follow the detailed steps outlined here:
Hi, Thanks for the link. Can you please help regarding my other question? That if my NOC needs tomatch with my qualification too or just work experience..?

Also does the employer actually have to hire me once I get the PR? or is it not a compulsion?