+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP........ISSUE OF SENDING PASSPORT FOR STAMP VISA

rickyin

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Hi, guys

my situation is I am the principal applicant, and my wife is dependent. Now, I got PPR and planning to send PP next Monday. My wife is in China, and never been Canada before. My agent told me that my wife can send passport to me first, then send both passports to CIC together. Her passport now is on my hand, however, I read the forum, and looks like just few people did the way like that. My question is if I ready send both passports to CIC for stamping the VISA, what happens? Will CIC still issue VISA for us? I am under CEC and waited 20 months to this step, I do not want another accidence because of this situation. We only have 30 days to send our passports. If CIC refuses to stamp VISA for my wife, and send the passport back. I am afraid it will be over 30 days, then CIC will kick my wife's name out of my application. So please advise me in this situation. Should I trust my agent or just follow the instruction from CIC? Please help.......

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
In the Family form, what address you gave for your wife? I believe it was in China, right?

The normal way of doing in such situations is to ask CIC to organize your wife's passport VISA to be done by the Canada Embassy in China. This is in case, she can't (or you are worried) from sending her passport to you via DHL or FedEx.

But the text in the PPR mail is clear:
We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.
You said, that her passport is with you. If so, then I don't see a reason to worry about. Follow the instruction in the PPR mail, put your both passports in the envelope, seal and send :)

If you have questions regarding how to send your passport , just ask us here.

rickyin

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Thank you for you reply, Tonimir. What I am worried about is when I send out both passports to the CIC, they will find out my wife is not in Canada or US. Because like I said before, she has never been Canada before so that there are no any kinds of entry visa on her passport. I am afraid the officer will find it out and know that she is outside of North America, the refuse to stamp the VISA for her. Please advise....

jenish3333

Aug 18, 2014
WINNIPEG
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
15-05-2014, 15-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH AN APPLICATION
File Transfer...
17-04-2014
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Interview........
WIEVED
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
rickyin said:
Thank you for you reply, Tonimir. What I am worried about is when I send out both passports to the CIC, they will find out my wife is not in Canada or US. Because like I said before, she has never been Canada before so that there are no any kinds of entry visa on her passport. I am afraid the officer will find it out and know that she is outside of North America, the refuse to stamp the VISA for her. Please advise....
You are good to go my friends. No worries send yours and your wife PP and wait for 2 week. You will get COPR and PP with Stamp.
Good Luck

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
rickyin said:
But if you read the PPR Email , you will see that they allow it. :)
They are telling you (in other words), if by any chance, there is a difficulty for you (or in your case, your wife) to send her passport to you so you can send it to them, THEN, email them, ask them to arrange her passport in China. (otherwise, no worries)

Therefore, don't worry at all ... just prepare your envelope as per the instructions in the PPR email, put your both passports and just send it. Good Luck! :)

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
rickyin said:
Hi, guys

my situation is I am the principal applicant, and my wife is dependent. Now, I got PPR and planning to send PP next Monday. My wife is in China, and never been Canada before. My agent told me that my wife can send passport to me first, then send both passports to CIC together. Her passport now is on my hand, however, I read the forum, and looks like just few people did the way like that. My question is if I ready send both passports to CIC for stamping the VISA, what happens? Will CIC still issue VISA for us? I am under CEC and waited 20 months to this step, I do not want another accidence because of this situation. We only have 30 days to send our passports. If CIC refuses to stamp VISA for my wife, and send the passport back. I am afraid it will be over 30 days, then CIC will kick my wife's name out of my application. So please advise me in this situation. Should I trust my agent or just follow the instruction from CIC? Please help.......
hi rickyin
i was in same situation brother, CPC requested passport for me and my wife. My wife is in INDIA, and never been to canada. I replied to same email in which they requested our passport. I explained CIC, that my wife is INDIA, and can't send her passport to Canada . So after 5-6 days they replied me , and instructed to submit passport in Canadian consulate in INDIA, with copy of email sent by them.

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
happy98 said:
hi rickyin
i was in same situation brother, CPC requested passport for me and my wife. My wife is in INDIA, and never been to canada. I replied to same email in which they requested our passport. I explained CIC, that my wife is INDIA, and can't send her passport to Canada . So after 5-6 days they replied me , and instructed to submit passport in Canadian consulate in INDIA, with copy of email sent by them.

Any one knows format and how to change passport office request to New Delhi.Please advise

Thanks

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
happy98 said:
hi rickyin

Any one knows format and how to change passport office request to New Delhi.Please advise

Thanks

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Just reply back to email you received from CPC, and tell them Current country and spouse of your spouse. They will reply back in 3-4 Days

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
happy98 said:
Just reply back to email you received from CPC, and tell them Current country and spouse of your spouse. They will reply back in 3-4 Days
THANKS
i HAVE SUBMIT MY PASSPORT AND SEND EMAIL TO TRANSFER FILE FOR MY WIFE TO NEW DELHI OFFICE

Arwy

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
Guys, in cases as described, when you reside in Canada and you spouse is in your home country (or another country), do you still send your own passport to CIC right away and email them to make arrangements for your spouse, or do you email them, wait for their instructions, and only then send your own passport? How does this work?

I am in a same situation right now. I emailed CIC, as requested in the letter, and now I'm waiting for their reply.

Poojaree

Apr 29, 2015
No problems Dear, send both passports. You will be good.

rickyin said:
Hi, guys

catchme288

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
Arwy said:
Guys, in cases as described, when you reside in Canada and you spouse is in your home country (or another country), do you still send your own passport to CIC right away and email them to make arrangements for your spouse, or do you email them, wait for their instructions, and only then send your own passport? How does this work?

I am in a same situation right now. I emailed CIC, as requested in the letter, and now I'm waiting for their reply.
You can send your passport as per Instruction you receive from OTTAWA and send email for your spouse. By the time you got reply from ottawa may be you done landing as well.So,don't worry send your passport.

I did same thing.
THANKS

June02

Jun 5, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
28-06-2015 for intent to live outside of Quebec
Nomination.....
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
Not updated till date
Med's Request
01-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-07-2015 Ecas (Upfront Feb 16 2015)
Interview........
Recommended in GCMS Note But No done
Passport Req..
19 Aug 2019 Request to change Vis office on 20 Aug , it done on 8 sep
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
16 Oct 2015
Hi friend,
I send mail to CIC to change. My visa stamping in India on 20th and still I am waiting to reply. At 25 I send one reminder mail. But till now no reply please advise what should I do now