+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP !!IS CSQ EVEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT INTERMEDIATE ADV FRENCH THESE DAYS?

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hello everyone,

Please I urgently need help. I am working in Montreal and I was about to apply for CSQ through lawyers. However I am getting such conflicting opinions.

LISA MIDDLEMISS from G"omberg Dalfen" and Richard Serour, President and CEO of the Canadian Immigration Council say "ADVANCE INTERMEDIATE FRENCH IS THE ELIMINATING FACTOR IN QUEBEC IMMIGRATION INCLUDING ANY SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY. Even if you have a validated job offer or whatever. :'(

BUT

Laywers under David cohen "canadavisa.com" and Renaud Dery of CANADAIM claim its very well possible.

How can so experienced lawyers have so contradictory statements. I am so confused. Whats going on here :( PLEASE HELP.

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
subtain said:
Hello everyone,

Please I urgently need help. I am working in Montreal and I was about to apply for CSQ through lawyers. However I am getting such conflicting opinions.

LISA MIDDLEMISS from G"omberg Dalfen" and Richard Serour, President and CEO of the Canadian Immigration Council say "ADVANCE INTERMEDIATE FRENCH IS THE ELIMINATING FACTOR IN QUEBEC IMMIGRATION INCLUDING ANY SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY. Even if you have a validated job offer or whatever. :'(

BUT

Laywers under David cohen "canadavisa.com" and Renaud Dery of CANADAIM claim its very well possible.

How can so experienced lawyers have so contradictory statements. I am so confused. Whats going on here :( PLEASE HELP.
Knowledge of French is not a elimating factor. You can apply without knowing/providing french certificates. However, you won't get points for it.

Thus, if your score is above 49/57 (single/family) without french points go ahead and apply. If that is not the case, then you will have to present a B2 french test to get whatever points you're missing.

Worthy of note is the fact that if you want to score the additional 6 points in the selection interview, you will have to speak some french.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Thankyou Jazv4 for your prompt reply. You are awesome :)
I do have more than 49 points since I have a validated job offer from Quebec and I will definitely keep the french criteria in mind for the interview.
Do you have any experience knowing how much time does it take roughly to get CSQ if you have a validated job offer, considering I just read on the official website that applicant with the validated job offer get second priority after the PEQ applicants.

Thanks again :)

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
subtain said:
Thankyou Jazv4 for your prompt reply. You are awesome :)
I do have more than 49 points since I have a validated job offer from Quebec and I will definitely keep the french criteria in mind for the interview.
Do you have any experience knowing how much time does it take roughly to get CSQ if you have a validated job offer, considering I just read on the official website that applicant with the validated job offer get second priority after the PEQ applicants.

Thanks again :)
If you have the validated job offer. It should be pretty fast since you'll enjoy priority processing in both processes (CSQ and PR). However, it's pretty hard to tell you an exact timeline since it's different for everyone and for every BIQ. In my case, it took 13 months after AOR (BIQ Mexico) to get my CSQ and so far it's been about 3.5 months since I apply for my PR (Embassy in Mexico).

Considering you have to go through 2 processes, I would venture that It could take about a year. But that is just my opinion.