+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help, inadmissibility case, arrest warrant

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
i hope i wont make this too long but here s our story:
my husband was in canada for 8 years he overstayed his visa, after a few years of knowing each other we got married. in 2015 we decided it would be best if he went back to his country and applied from there through Family class so we did, we had no problem at the airport left normally and a year later we started the paperwork (we needed sometime to get money for the fees) . everything went well until the interview when they told my husband that he apparently has an arrest warrant in ontario and that he is inadmissible! we are in a terrible situation and we dont know what to do besides searching for answers and looking for a lawyer who ll be able to take on our case. so im asking for your help if you know any case like this or have an idea on what to do next, please help us. Also if you have any suggestions for a good lawyer please share, if you need anymore infos about our case id be happy to share to help you understand more our situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You posted here around two months ago and were given good advice then. Your situation is too complex for an immigration forum. You need to be working with a good immigration lawyer.

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
You posted here around two months ago and were given good advice then. Your situation is too complex for an immigration forum. You need to be working with a good immigration lawyer.
i havent found a good immigration lawyer thats why i asked again. sorry. any suggestions?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
i havent found a good immigration lawyer thats why i asked again. sorry. any suggestions?
Yes. Get an immigration lawyer. Your situation is far too complicated for a forum post.

You said before that you're in Toronto, which means you have easy access to thousands of lawyers, many of whom will specialize in immigration cases. You should be talking to one of those.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would set up a couple of consultations and go with which one seems the most competent not the one who tells you that he/she can fix any problem.

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
I would set up a couple of consultations and go with which one seems the most competent not the one who tells you that he/she can fix any problem.
thanks for the reply, i did do a consultation with a lawyer via phone because i was with my husband out od the country. it was 250$ (joel sandaluk from mamann and sandaluk) and it lasted 6min at most he said i should contact a criminal defense lawyer he gave me a name when i spoke to that lawyer she went on to say that what he said is not really correct and that she knows a bit about immigration law. terrible experience given the reviews of the sandaluuk law firm. im just scared ill be wasting so much money just to find a good lawyer but what other choice do we have ?

Kath R

Feb 25, 2019
Hi, I have a similar situation with your husband, I was also refused when I applied for my work permit since I have an arrest warrant that has been already lifted, and it was only a minor case. May I know what happened to your husband’s application? what you did?