+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help : In regards to Proof of Funds

mirinda

Mar 5, 2015
Guys,

please help!
I've read many topics here but still couldn't find answer to this simple question:

I have my savings in cash due to really unstable situation in my country (Russia) these days. Any bank can easily go bankrupt.
So I don't have any documents proving the source of money. Recently I simply deposited those money to the Bank.
Now I got ITA.
If I provide 6 months statement, there will be big amount suddenly arising 2 months ago.
Is it ok?
Can I provide an explanation that I was keeping all money in cash?

Thanks a lot!

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
This sounds good.
Just get official letter from the bank, best if in English

tanvirhashem

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can investment in Shares be treated as Pof??

CIC says in its website that:

How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders)

Looking for your prudent opinion??
TIA

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
tanvirhashem said:
Can investment in Shares be treated as Pof??

CIC says in its website that:

How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders)

Looking for your prudent opinion??
TIA
Are they international?

nymphche

Apr 2, 2015
If i am currently working here in canada do i stilk have to show to them a proof of fund ? I included my husnabd and child on my express entry profile.thanks.

Ram_29

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Ottawa , Ontario,Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
27-081989
Med's Done....
20-09-2018
pash_2012 said:
As advised within the forum, if I can get it documented that it is a gift from my dad, by getting it on a notarised stamp paper saying that dad is gifting the funds out of love and I don't have to return him back
Do it as soon as possible. After that make an FD of the amount for 6 months.
It's more safe and acceptable by CIC
MY wife is a first applicant and i am as a spouse . Together we have required money in different account . Will CIC accept as a POF . or do i need to create joint account and FDR for or we can FDR separately whatever amount we have in our separate account then will show that money in CIC.

what do u suggest?
TIA