AOR Received.
17/2/2016
File Transfer...
3/3/2016
Med's Done....
7/12/2015
Passport Req..
26/10/2016
I have applied for permanent residence in the family sponsorhip class. I have a visitor visa in my passport good until october 2017, my passport expires the same date. I have been multiple times in canada since the year 2009, I had study permits and open work permits.

I will like to go to Canada to visit family and friends. I have also been invited to a guinness world record event in sept 5. After that I will do a south american tour starting next weekend to compete in various events by the international downhill federation. This is the second time i do this tour, last year i finished third and it is all register on the webpage. My wife will come with me as always. I have letters for all this events and proove that I´m a competitor athlete. I know i need to show them that I have ties to Peru, the only thing i have on my name is a pickup truck. I can also show them that I will continue to work in my country when im back from the south american tour and have no intention to overstay in Canada.

Will I have any trouble getting in Canada because I have an ongoing permanent resident application?
Will they think i will stay cause my wife is currently in Canada (she left 2 days ago)
If they don´t let me in , my application will be seen as redflag?

Please, let me know about what you think about this situation. Thanks!!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
popeyepe said:
I have applied for permanent residence in the family sponsorhip class. I have a visitor visa in my passport good until october 2017, my passport expires the same date. I have been multiple times in canada since the year 2009, I had study permits and open work permits.

I will like to go to Canada to visit family and friends. I have also been invited to a guinness world record event in sept 5. After that I will do a south american tour starting next weekend to compete in various events by the international downhill federation. This is the second time i do this tour, last year i finished third and it is all register on the webpage. My wife will come with me as always. I have letters for all this events and proove that I´m a competitor athlete. I know i need to show them that I have ties to Peru, the only thing i have on my name is a pickup truck. I can also show them that I will continue to work in my country when im back from the south american tour and have no intention to overstay in Canada.

Will I have any trouble getting in Canada because I have an ongoing permanent resident application?
Will they think i will stay cause my wife is currently in Canada (she left 2 days ago)
If they don´t let me in , my application will be seen as redflag?

Please, let me know about what you think about this situation. Thanks!!
As long as your visa is valid, which you already said it is, and you don't seem like you're moving to Canada (bringing all your belongings) you should be fine.

Come with a return ticket and proof of your sponsorship application and whatever else will show you are just intending to visit and then leave and you shouldn't have any problems.

popeyepe

Jan 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2015
AOR Received.
17/2/2016
File Transfer...
3/3/2016
Med's Done....
7/12/2015
Passport Req..
26/10/2016
Thanks for your repy imabule. Is there any other advice out there?? Anyone that has been in this kind of situation?? Thanks forum!