+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help in my Job hunt in canada

smithakj

Jul 29, 2014
I'm a Software engineer and have 6+ years experience in my field . Now i plan to move to Ottawa. Is it possible to find a job from management side with my IT experience as i need a change in my job profile . Is it mandatory to complete a MBA to find a similar job?

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
smithakj said:
I'm a Software engineer and have 6+ years experience in my field . Now i plan to move to Ottawa. Is it possible to find a job from management side with my IT experience as i need a change in my job profile . Is it mandatory to complete a MBA to find a similar job?
You must be kidding. Due to certain nepotism and bias in this area it is almost impossible to find a managerial job without local education and/or experience and recommendations. You better prepare for an entry-level job with potential growth to middle and top management. There are a lot of career opportunities for well educated and skilled professionals but people rarely start with managing there. The only way that I see an individual from abroad could claim for a managerial position is when he is transferred to a Canadian office within some multinational where he is already employed.

Good luck anyway!

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
RomanSPb said:
The only way that I see an individual from abroad could claim for a managerial position is when he is transferred to a Canadian office within some multinational where he is already employed.
That's it. That is what most people who hear about "success" stories don't get. My ex used to work at relocation services with Royal Le Page and this is how it works. We are talking companies like Ubi Soft, Electronic Arts, then various financial and oil/gas multinational companies.

The average immigrant has as much chance getting a good job as winning a lottery.

Shah.vish2004

Aug 10, 2014
hi i am a civil engineer.. what are preferred entry level jobs in canada?? and does those jobs be got online before landing to canada so my visa process gets easier ??? and if i need work permit without job do i get it easily ???

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Shah.vish2004 said:
hi i am a civil engineer.. what are preferred entry level jobs in canada?? and does those jobs be got online before landing to canada so my visa process gets easier ??? and if i need work permit without job do i get it easily ???
Hi,
1. It is a good idea to look for advice on entering certain industry through specialized forums, groups and communities. Start networking asap, get acquainted with people already working as civil engineers in Canada and ask them for assistance.
2. Generally newcomers willing to continue their career as engineers in Canada must pass some exams and obtain a license. Study this process and its requirements through the licensing bodies in Canada.
3. How can you get a work permit without a job? You mean an open work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Shah.vish2004 said:
do i get open work permit before getting a job ?
Unless there's something you're not telling us about yourself - you don't qualify for an open work permit.

prkp2011

Aug 4, 2014
plz guide me...im having a pr and will be moving to Canada soon from india.Im a pharmacist by profession.Do I have to get license to work as pharmacist..how should I aspply :(

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prkp2011 said:
plz guide me...im having a pr and will be moving to Canada soon from india.Im a pharmacist by profession.Do I have to get license to work as pharmacist..how should I aspply :(
You have to write an exam and pass it to practice as pharmacist