+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help , I want to renew my PR card, I am worry

hasanipooyan

Sep 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I landed in Sep 2005 and after 1 week I left Canada because I was student in my country . I came Canada for 1 month in Aug 2009 to see my family and again return to my country.
fortunately , I got admition for PhD in 2010 form a Canadian university and could enter Canada in Sep 2010 ,2 weeks before my PR card expired.
now even without considering that 1 month in 2009 , I have been in Canada for 2 years, so I can apply for renewal of my PR card.
As I read in this forum, it seems I wont have any problem to renew my PR card. Am I right?

Also there is a problem. in Sep 2010 I didn't have any problem in airport when I entered Canada. but in 2009 in air port, I had a hard time, the officer told me that I cant fulfill the Permanent resident obligation in future before my PR card expiration. I explained to him that it wasn't my fault and I will convince the immigration office with some documents I have when I want to apply for Renewal of my PR card in future. After that he said it was gonna be difficult for me to convince the immigration office. but he didn't say anything about any report for revoking my PR card. he just let me go. I just worry he reported me in that time and they sent letter to my previous address ( the address i gave them when I landed) so that I was not informed that i lost my PR status.

If I lost my PR status in 2009 , shouldn't the officer in the airport have told me that when I entered Canada in 2010?
After 2010 when I came here to start my study , I applied for health card, the driver license , paid university tuition in PR rate. got loan ,filled tax return twice,my credit history has been checked and ...... Is it possible that I lost my PR status and I still was able to do all of them without problem?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You did not lose your PR status in 2009 because if you had, they would have given you some paperwork right away and told you how to appeal. You can now apply to renew your PR card because you meet the residency requirements again.