+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help , i got deported at the airport

Sani$

Feb 5, 2021
Hi everyone, I was going to visit my mother with a visitor visa as an extended family member( due to age) and was denied entry at the montreal air border on Feb 04. I was deported because i did not submit my documents to ircc website. I was given a imm 1282b form R41d.
can i apply to cone to canda again? When? Do I need an ARC?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone, I was going to visit my mother with a visitor visa as an extended family member( due to age) and was denied entry at the montreal air border on Feb 04. I was deported because i did not submit my documents to ircc website. I was given a imm 1282b form R41d.
1. No, you weren't deported, you were "allowed to leave". No ARC required,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It sounds like you do not meet the definition of an immediate family member. You need to request authorization from IRCC to travel to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

Bundhun

Nov 8, 2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
Im nominated by Quebec and have my copr to stay in Montréal . However, yesterday I got a job offer from Toronto. What should I do ?
It's not possible for you to travel to Canada right now based on your COPR alone due to travel restrictions. This is why you were denied entry into Canada the last time you tried. You need written authorization from IRCC if you want to be able to travel right now.

I would not mention the fact you have a job offer in Toronto. You were nominated by Quebec and are supposed to have an intention to settle there. If you mention that you have a job in Toronto and try to use this as a reason why you have to travel to Canada now, your COPR may be revoked.

If your mother is a Canadian citizen or PR, they you can try obtaining written authorization from IRCC to travel based on having an extended family member in Canada. You need to obtain written authorization before you travel.

Reactions: Bundhun

Bundhun

Nov 8, 2018
It's not possible for you to travel to Canada right now based on your COPR alone due to travel restrictions. This is why you were denied entry into Canada the last time you tried. You need written authorization from IRCC if you want to be able to travel right now.

I would not mention the fact you have a job offer in Toronto. You were nominated by Quebec and are supposed to have an intention to settle there. If you mention that you have a job in Toronto and try to use this as a reason why you have to travel to Canada now, your COPR may be revoked.

If your mother is a Canadian citizen or PR, they you can try obtaining written authorization from IRCC to travel based on having an extended family member in Canada. You need to obtain written authorization before you travel.
Thank you sooo much scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If there are concerns that you aren't coming to visit your mother and you are using the reason to try and land as a PR you can be denied entry which is what I assume may have happened.

Bundhun

Nov 8, 2018
Hi there.,
My parents are not Canadian, they are Mauritians.
I went to Canada after getting visa and copr. But was denied entry as I was inadmissible owing to Covid 19 restrictions on travel.
Visa/Copr is valid till November 2021 after that, God knows the best.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there.,
My parents are not Canadian, they are Mauritians.
I went to Canada after getting visa and copr. But was denied entry as I was inadmissible owing to Covid 19 restrictions on travel.
Visa/Copr is valid till November 2021 after that, God knows the best.
Do you have siblings who are Canadian?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
I have a cousin in Toronto (the niece of my father), Thats all. I have a few friends, thats all.
Thx
In that case IRCC will not give you authorization to travel at this time. You need to have immediate or extended family members in Canada. A cousin is too distant a relative to get authorization to travel.

You will need to wait for travel restrictions to be lifted before you will be able to come to Canada.

Reactions: Bundhun

Bundhun

Nov 8, 2018
In that case IRCC will not give you authorization to travel at this time. You need to have immediate or extended family members in Canada. A cousin is too distant a relative to get authorization to travel.

You will need to wait for travel restrictions to be lifted before you will be able to come to Canada.
Thank you so much Scylla.
I will wait to restrictions to be waived.