+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help!! Employer might refuse to validate my experience when CIC call in

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am so exhausted at this point and really need advise from everyone. I got in a fight with my boss.
I've worked for a small family business for a year. Everything was fine until the pandemic hit. The business went down hill, I knew for a fact that they did not want me any longer.
It happened many times to many staffs before. They dont want others look bad at them so they dont fire anyone, they just make the staffs suffer metally until they can not bare it anymore and quit themselves.
Imagine being at work, whatever I do, they feel annoy. They dont even talk to me and look at me like an enemy. They always bring my work papers to threaten me. Told me if I make the business and them look bad, or try to report them, my application wont go through.
I need my 1 year experience and I know it is not easy right now to look for a new one, I tried hard to work and think about nothing. Even though, I cant stand their way of treating their employees, I kept my mouth shut. Until the day he cursed me, not to my face but, in the situation, I just know for sure it was toward me. I could not hold it anymore. I quit.

I had my contract, my employment verification and everything but I am just worry if cic call in or visit in person they'll try to destroy all of my effort.

Can anyone, please, guide me through this. Is there anything I can do to protect myself? I am hurting. I've never, in my life, believe there's such people exist.

Thank you for taking your time reading all this. Time is tough, and I am sorry to tell you not a positive story

Last edited:

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
is this in Canada? if it is, CIC will just check your CRA record for experience. 1 year of experience is 1 year.
Hi. Yes it is in Canada. I read some threads here saying that they might radomly call or visit the workplace to check.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
I have not. I am waiting for the next draw actually
okay. as long as you have 1 year by the time you quit, you can always have a letter of explaination that the owner is a **** and he doesnt want to give you a reference letter. CIC will check with CRA for the record instead of the owner.

Reactions: sara_H_JDT

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
okay. as long as you have 1 year by the time you quit, you can always have a letter of explaination that the owner is a **** and he doesnt want to give you a reference letter. CIC will check with CRA for the record instead of the owner.
I can really do so? They did gave me the letter and everything but I am not sure what they'll do when the CIC agent calls in. 99% they will try to tear me apart like telling the agent something different from what they've mentioned in my job duties, etc. So thank you for your help!! ❤

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
I can really do so? They did gave me the letter and everything but I am not sure what they'll do when the CIC agent calls in. 99% they will try to tear me apart like telling the agent something different from what they've mentioned in my job duties, etc. So thank you for your help!! ❤
well did you get their signature on the letter? they cant deny it, it's illegal for them to do so

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone,

I am so exhausted at this point and really need advise from everyone. I got in a fight with my boss.
I've worked for a small family business for a year. Everything was fine until the pandemic hit. The business went down hill, I knew for a fact that they did not want me any longer.
It happened many times to many staffs before. They dont want others look bad at them so they dont fire anyone, they just make the staffs suffer metally until they can not bare it anymore and quit themselves.
Imagine being at work, whatever I do, they feel annoy. They dont even talk to me and look at me like an enemy. They always bring my work papers to threaten me. Told me if I make the business and them look bad, or try to report them, my application wont go through.
I need my 1 year experience and I know it is not easy right now to look for a new one, I tried hard to work and think about nothing. Even though, I cant stand their way of treating their employees, I kept my mouth shut. Until the day he cursed me, not to my face but, in the situation, I just know for sure it was toward me. I could not hold it anymore. I quit.

I had my contract, my employment verification and everything but I am just worry if cic call in or visit in person they'll try to destroy all of my effort.

Can anyone, please, guide me through this. Is there anything I can do to protect myself? I am hurting. I've never, in my life, believe there's such people exist.

Thank you for taking your time reading all this. Time is tough, and I am sorry to tell you not a positive story
Am sorry for what happened to you.Some employers suck. You dont have to worry about anything as a long as you have all documents. IRCC usually call if they find something suspicious. If you have employment letter, T4, Notice of assessment you should be absolutely stress free being cec candidates. Good luck.

Reactions: LizzyBennet

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Am sorry for what happened to you.Some employers suck. You dont have to worry about anything as a long as you have all documents. IRCC usually call if they find something suspicious. If you have employment letter, T4, Notice of assessment you should be absolutely stress free being cec candidates. Good luck.
Thank you ❤