+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help:didn't claim points but spouse Education diplomas and Original IELTS/CELPIP required

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got e-APR/AOR about 10 days ago and today I received a request letter asking me to provide my spouse's education diplomas and language certificates.

In my application under the "Study and languages" section I selected "No" for "Has spouse finished high school or any higher education as I didn't want points for it. However, I did mention my spouse's degree in the "Personal History" section. Further, for "Can spouse communicate in English/French" I selected "English" and for "Has spouse taken an approved language teat to assess their English skills" I chose "No".

Is there any problem? What should I send to them? What should/can I write in the letter? Can this trigger rejection? My CRS score was 452 and cutoff score was around 443.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
If you have the documents, provide them.
If you do not have them, write an explanation saying that you do not have it and therefore opted for the No answers while filling out the form.

You shouldn't be worried about this. You did not misrepresent anything and simply need to clarify this to them.

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have the documents, provide them.
If you do not have them, write an explanation saying that you do not have it and therefore opted for the No answers while filling out the form.

You shouldn't be worried about this. You did not misrepresent anything and simply need to clarify this to them.
Thanks for the input. My previous application has been rejected for missing PCC and now I have become pretty paranoid all the details.

What's the worst case scenario here? Do they have enough basis to reject my application?

justformsu

Feb 24, 2018
I got e-APR/AOR about 10 days ago and today I received a request letter asking me to provide my spouse's education diplomas and language certificates.

In my application under the "Study and languages" section I selected "No" for "Has spouse finished high school or any higher education as I didn't want points for it. However, I did mention my spouse's degree in the "Personal History" section. Further, for "Can spouse communicate in English/French" I selected "English" and for "Has spouse taken an approved language teat to assess their English skills" I chose "No".

Is there any problem? What should I send to them? What should/can I write in the letter? Can this trigger rejection? My CRS score was 452 and cutoff score was around 443.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.
Hello, what documents did you upload finally? Any trouble about the process?? Thanks..

I have the same issue..

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, what documents did you upload finally? Any trouble about the process?? Thanks..

I have the same issue..
Hey, I just re-uploaded my spouse's diploma and Letter of Explanation that she hadn't passed IELTS yet and we didn't claim any points for it. I think it worked :)