+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Please help] could my husband go with me while I study in CA.

serena2305

Sep 24, 2016
Hi all,
I'm going to study in Canada for 2 years and would like my husband to go with me. Is it possible?
Since I'm going to apply a Visa via CES program (Canada Express Study - a program where I don't need to prove my financial condition in Vietnam, as long as I have enough money for 2 years studying in CA ), I'm really worried that he won't be allowed to go with me.

Thanks,
Serena

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
serena2305 said:
Hi all,
I'm going to study in Canada for 2 years and would like my husband to go with me. Is it possible?
Since I'm going to apply a Visa via CES program (Canada Express Study - a program where I don't need to prove my financial condition in Vietnam, as long as I have enough money for 2 years studying in CA ), I'm really worried that he won't be allowed to go with me.

Thanks,
Serena
Your spouse can get the open work permit while you get the study permit. This condition is possible in general study visa applications, I'm not sure if there are some certain rules about spousal open work permit in CES program. Goodluck!

serena2305

Sep 24, 2016
Hi @talhaixlam,
Many thanks for your response! It makes me feel less worry now.
I hope that someone who already got a spousal Visa would response here so people will have a reference for the future.
Have a great day/night!

Thanks,
Serena

serena2305

Sep 24, 2016
What make me confused is: CES does not require students to prove their financial condition. While a spousal Visa requires student to prove that he/she has enough funds for both of them while in CA. Does anyone has experience on this already?

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
I recommend you to apply single bcoz visa chances get high in single case with strong Sop that why u are going to study in canada to impress visa officer. Chances with spouse gets lower visa approval. Anyways its all depends on your luck.

Even i am also married and applied for study case but not with spouse. Waiting for my result.

serena2305

Sep 24, 2016
Hi Simratpal,
Thanks for your recommendation :)
You apply for a single visa then how will your spouse come with you after you move to Canada? Apply for a vistor Visa? I heard that we can only extend a visitor visa twice.

Thanks
Serena

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
serena2305 said:
Hi Simratpal,
You apply for a single visa then how will your spouse come with you after you move to Canada? Apply for a vistor Visa? I heard that we can only extend a visitor visa twice.

Thanks
Serena
Either a visitor visa or an open work permit. FYI - there is no guarantee it will be approved.

chrbrow

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
219 (1) A study permit shall not be issued to a foreign national unless they have written documentation from the designated learning institution where they intend to study that states that they have been accepted to study there.

Marginal note:Exception

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to

(a) a family member of a foreign national whose application for a work permit or a study permit is approved in writing before the foreign national enters Canada.

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
serena2305 said:
Hi Simratpal,
Yes i will apply visitor visa for my spouse once my study will be over. Its all depend on ur luck. Or there is another option to get permanent residence then call your spouse

Thanks
Serena