VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bestofluck said:
OINP asked me as ADR. yes there was a gift deed but they wanted to see my parents statements. My parents had money in form of FD and they withdrew the money breaking the FD premature to gift me. once I sent the docs i got nomination in 2 days.
Ah, OINP have been stricter with funds than CIC from what I have seen, or at least have very different checks in place.

2015 applicants were able to get PR just by submitting gift deeds. I think a lot of people here are running away with posts and posts about what others have submitted rather than reading the exact CIC instructions. I think we all need to be careful we aren't generating incorrect information that gradually becomes 'fact'.

Reactions: Faky201

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
kryt0n said:
Ah, OINP have been stricter with funds than CIC from what I have seen, or at least have very different checks in place.

2015 applicants were able to get PR just by submitting gift deeds. I think a lot of people here are running away with posts and posts about what others have submitted rather than reading the exact CIC instructions. I think we all need to be careful we aren't generating incorrect information that gradually becomes 'fact'.
So true.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You're right, borrowed money is definitely not allowed and not something I want to encourage on any level.

I'm simply saying that when someone legally gifts you money, it isn't your responsibility to know or be aware of where it came from.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Note: We update these numbers every year based on 50 per cent of the low income cut-off totals. You may want to double-check that you still have enough money, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. This change is small but there is a chance it could affect your eligibility.
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kryt0n said:
You're right, borrowed money is definitely not allowed and not something I want to encourage on any level.

I'm simply saying that when someone legally gifts you money, it isn't your responsibility to know or be aware of where it came from.
I know most of the people get PR with gift deeds. Bu I just say there is a chance they ask for the proof. You dont know how many people are rejected because of this because they dont come and tell in the forum. you only know those who have got PR.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bestofluck said:
Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Note: We update these numbers every year based on 50 per cent of the low income cut-off totals. You may want to double-check that you still have enough money, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. This change is small but there is a chance it could affect your eligibility.
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.
No one is saying you are borrowing it. If my mum was to give me £3000 it would be a gift and I would have backup proof with a gift deed. I'm saying that it's not my responsibility to know where mum got the money from. Once it's been gifted to me, it's mine to do what I want with.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kryt0n said:
No one is saying you are borrowing it. If my mum was to give me £3000 it would be a gift and I would have backup proof with a gift deed. I'm saying that it's not my responsibility to know where mum got the money from. Once it's been gifted to me, it's mine to do what I want with.
you cannot put cash in your mothers account and then take a gift. if it is cash deposit in your mothers account better be it before 6 months and be ready to provide 6 months statements of your mother if asked. all chances they dont ask but better prepare for the worse.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
bestofluck said:
you cannot put cash in your mothers account and then take a gift. if it is cash deposit in your mothers account better be it before 6 months and be ready to provide 6 months statements of your mother if asked. all chances they dont ask but better prepare for the worse.

I completely agree but I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make.

Once a person gives you money it becomes yours to do whatever you want with, regardless of where the other person obtained it from. It is better to be able to clearly back up where the money came from and having it stable in the givers account for 6 months is the best way to prove that. However this is not your problem. The PA has to prove they have the funds.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kryt0n said:
I completely agree but I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make.

Once a person gives you money it becomes yours to do whatever you want with, regardless of where the other person obtained it from. It is better to be able to clearly back up where the money came from and having it stable in the givers account for 6 months is the best way to prove that. However this is not your problem. The PA has to prove they have the funds.
borrowed is borrowed forever technically. but they ask for 6 months statements so that's how 6 months comes into the role. The source of money is very important

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
A heated argument here
Well, technically Kryt0n is right as a receiver of the gift you are not liable to pay it back since it is a gift it cannot be considered as 'borrowed sum'.
However, the assessing officer may feel it either way and can ask for further proof or reject as the final decision authority is with him

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vishalg said:
A heated argument here
Well, technically Kryt0n is right as a receiver of the gift you are not liable to pay it back since it is a gift it cannot be considered as 'borrowed sum'.
However, the assessing officer may feel it either way and can ask for further proof or reject as the final decision authority is with him

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
I have gathered the money for 8 months since July 2016. Some are my savings (my monthly salary is on that account too), some mothers. But it is MINE and I dont have to return anything to anyone!!!! Started with 5.000 CAD in July.

Mother didnt put anything prior in the bank, gave me cash. She can give me a gift deed about the part of the money but cant prove its her money bcs didnt put it in the bank. I might have some problems here if this what you are saying is correct!

I now have about 12.000 CAD on one account, and 6.000 CAD on another (debit, also from July).. I am supposed to have 15,500 since its 2 of us. But been saving since July as I said, I think the balances should be fine.

So, my question is- if its better just to say this is my savings and not mentioning the mother since she has no evidence it is her money by these standards you mentioned..

Also my question is - can we provide a Gift deed from a NON RELATIVE, FRIEND, CLOSE FAMILY FRIEND who can prove money was on their account?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
I have gathered the money for 8 months since July 2016. Some are my savings (my monthly salary is on that account too), some mothers. But it is MINE and I dont have to return anything to anyone!!!! Started with 5.000 CAD in July.

Mother didnt put anything prior in the bank, gave me cash. She can give me a gift deed about the part of the money but cant prove its her money bcs didnt put it in the bank. I might have some problems here if this what you are saying is correct!

I now have about 12.000 CAD on one account, and 6.000 CAD on another (debit, also from July).. I am supposed to have 15,500 since its 2 of us. But been saving since July as I said, I think the balances should be fine.

So, my question is- if its better just to say this is my savings and not mentioning the mother since she has no evidence it is her money by these standards you mentioned..

Also my question is - can we provide a Gift deed from a NON RELATIVE, FRIEND, CLOSE FAMILY FRIEND who can prove money was on their account?
does the balance in the last 6 months show that your mother was depositing the money, or you were depositing cash in your account ?? if it doesnt, then you dont have to declare anything...
but if there are large deposits in the last 6 months, cash or otherwise - then you need to write an LOE explaining where the amount came from.

regarding your last question - thats a tough one... usually gift deeds are given by parents, or siblings or in laws... friend is a bit of a grey area, and i havent come across a situation where someone asked if a friend can give gift deed...

if you ask for my personal opinion - i would have to say no... but i'm open to someone correcting me here...

good luck

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
thestunner316 said:
does the balance in the last 6 months show that your mother was depositing the money, or you were depositing cash in your account ?? if it doesnt, then you dont have to declare anything...
but if there are large deposits in the last 6 months, cash or otherwise - then you need to write an LOE explaining where the amount came from.

regarding your last question - thats a tough one... usually gift deeds are given by parents, or siblings or in laws... friend is a bit of a grey area, and i havent come across a situation where someone asked if a friend can give gift deed...

if you ask for my personal opinion - i would have to say no... but i'm open to someone correcting me here...

good luck
No, I was depositing the money as it is my account where I receive my salary. Just putting money on the account, no other person is involved. The largest deposit all at once was 5.000 CAD in July which will not show since its 8 months ago. In the last 6 months I think the most I put all at once was 3.700 CAD so this can be a problem, can I then say these are simply mine and my husbands savings and I put them on the account in the past 6 months, no mention of gift deeds?

ps. my mother also has a 5.000 CAD loan from the bank which is now 1 year old, still has 2 years to go. That would also affect my chances if I should have to provide her bank account history.