+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help - Citizenship and Immigration canada requests me for confirmation

Asaad

Star Member
Aug 17, 2008
hi every one
please help me with my case

I'm living and working in dubai , and I receved the file number at 19 -10 -2007,

and in 20-8-2008 I recived a letter from the high commission of canada in london ,and they requests me for confimation of whether or not I'm still interested in immigration to canada , and they toled me in this letter if I'm no longer intersted in immigration to canada and I wish to withdraw my applicaion then I have to contact the canadian high commission in london within 60 days to confirm my mailing information , and they will return my full application fee.

and they told me in this letter if they don't hear from me within this 60 days they will assume that I'm still interested in immigration to canada , and my application and fees will be retained for future processing and no further offer to retuen my application fee will be sent to me.

and they told me in this letter that when they are ready to actively begin processing my application they will contact me to request my updated information however at this point I'm not be eligible for a refund my processing fee.

please my friends if any one have the same case or receved same letter please tell me what to do.
till now I didn't replay .

what this letter means ? and why only me who recieve such letter ? becase my friend who is working with me which we submitt the application at the same time and he didn't recieve any letter.

please replay as soon as possible
thank you for your help

ASAAd

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Other people on this board have received the same letter. It is a way of offering you to cancel and get refund if you have changed your mind. If you have not changed your mind, throw the letter away and don't do anything. I don't know why your friend did not get one.

Neole

Sep 24, 2008
Ive received the same letter. My brother who applied a few months before me did not get the letter. Not sure why everyone does not get the letter.

advocatesadik

Jan 13, 2009

In my opinion, if any one has applied under simplified immigration process, they all got the same letter. Me too have received the same letter & waiting for my turn. They have changed process every now & then and we used to follow as per our knowledge. they didnt evan inform us the status also.
Can any one has idea what is all about....are we all rejected or we are going?
pls revert.

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
i submitted my application for immigration in December of 2004, received an acknowledgment in March 2005 ( letter states that CIC started reviewing my case in January of 2005).. then nothing.

In August of 2008, I wrote CIC informing them of my interest to pursue a 'dual intent'- since i have a positive LMO and a job offer in Sask. (Also to remind CIC of my 'presence'. ) I then started submitting the forms and other requirements as needed.

Last month (dec. '08) i received a similar letter asking if i wanted to pursue. I wrote back saying yes.

a few days later, i was asked to undergo my medicals as required for the working visa i applied for..

I am still waiting..