+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help. Change VO and Submit passport from US?

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hello all!

I really appreciate if somebody could help me with the following question.

I am originally from Russia and my family sponsorship application has been processed in Warsaw. Today I received the request to submit my passport for visa stamping. In the letter it says that I have to submit my passport through Moscow Visa Application Center.

However, due to my husband's work, I am currently living in the United States. I don't want to send my passport to Russia by any means, because if it gets lost or stuck at the border, I am really in a big trouble. Therefore, here are my questions:

1. Can I ask Warsaw about VO change for visa stamping?
2. Where can I send my passport from US? At the beginning I thought I could do this through LA VAC, but they work only with temporary permits. Should I send it to Ottawa then?
3. If there is anybody among US applicants, who received PPR recently, can you share how you PPR email looks like please?

Thank you in advance!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I'm not sure if you can request a different VO? I've never seen that done before.

US citizens do not need to send in their passport to be stamped. They are either requested a scanned copy (via e-mail) or not asked at all. It would be the same for non-American visa-exempt applicants applying from the US. Sending in your passport would only apply to non-visa-exempt nationals applying from the US there are a few in the thread for US applicants

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I posted this thread a few weeks ago, I had to find solution myself, and now I would like to share my experience, because I am pretty sure that it might be very helpful for somebody in the future.

So, my family sponsorship application was processed by Warsaw visa office (I am the primary applicant). On October 1 I received an email with the passport submission request. According to the guidelines in the email, I had to submit my passport either in Moscow VAC or mail it in Ottawa (if I am already in Canada). But the problem was, that at the moment of the request I was in the US for an extended period of time.

I contacted Warsaw VO, explained the situation and asked for the guidelines. I submitted my inquiry on Friday and received the answer next Tuesday. They replied, that I will be able to submit my passport either in New York or Los Angeles and asked me which one would be more convenient for me. I chose LA. Two days later they have sent me a new passport request email. Basically it was identical to the first one with only difference that now it was offering to submit my passport in LA VAC (the link of their website was also provided).

Then, I prepared my documents and went to LA VAC which is located in El Segundo. And there I had some big difficulties. Upon arrival I was told, that they won't accept my documents, because they work only with temporary visas. I've tried to explain that my visa office transferred me here, but receptionist was very dismissive. I asked to talk to the manager, and only after a very long talk with lots of explanations and contacting LA consulate, the situation has been resolved. Later they told me that they have never had the situation like mine before.
Anyway, my docs were sent to the Consulate in LA. They gave me a tracking number, so I could check my passport's status.
I submitted my passport on October 8 and I received my passport in the mail on October 22.
It was very odd to received by mail, because at VAC they have told me that I will need to pick it up in their office. Also, the tracking number still shows that my passport is in the consulate under consideration.

My timeline:
Applied - May 13
AOR1 - June 16
SA - July 13
AOR2 - July 21
IP - July 20
CSQ - 03.09.2015
Passport copy request - September 24
Passport request - October 1
Visa in the passport - October 22
Landing - coming soon :)

Reactions: Belarusian