+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! CEC 2 Years Work Experience calculation

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hi everyone.
I'm sorry if any of you came across this question again. But I really hope someone can help to clarify my work experience as I'm not sure if I'm doing the right calculation. My details and calculations are:
I have been working at the same company from January 2018 to present, my schedules are variable (from bellow 10 hours to above 40 hours/week).
  • 2018: I have worked 15 full-time weeks (30 hours and above), and 680 part-time hours (which I just simply added up all part-time weeks) -> 680 : 30 = 22.6 weeks. Therefore, in 2018 I have 15 + 22 = 37 weeks.
  • 2019 I have worked 42 full-time weeks, and 181 part-time hours = 181: 30 = 6 weeks. Therefore, in 2019 I have 42 + 6 = 48 weeks
  • 2020 so far I have done 19 full-time weeks.
Total: 37 + 48 + 19 = 104 weeks = 2 years of work experience.
Besides, I have been paid vacation-pay of 4% which is added to my monthly paycheck since January 2018. I'm not sure if this can be considered as work experience? The calculation above is my actual worked hours, I didn't add any vacation pay, etc.,
I would really appreciate any help!

Last edited:

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I haven’t checked your calculations in detail, but your calculation logic is correct.

If you want a second pair of eyes on it, you can follow the instructions in this post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confused-about-work-experience-post-here.686430/

I will be able to take a look within 24 hours.
Hi dan_and
Would you mind if I ask one more question?
I will have 60 days or 90 days after receiving ITA to complete my application? I checked on Govt website and it says 60 days, but the timer of my PR application shows 66 days left, and when I logged out from my account it also 66 days? I'm confused.

The details you have provided and/or documents you have uploaded have been saved.

You have 66 days, including today, to complete this application or profile.

It is important that you logout and close your browser. This will help protect your personal information and prevent unauthorized access to it.

Please take a few moments to rate your experience with us today.

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hi dan_and
I will have 60 days or 90 days after receiving ITA to complete my application? I checked on Govt website and it says 60 days, but the timer of my PR application shows 66 days left, and when I logged out from my account it also 66 days? I'm confused.

The details you have provided and/or documents you have uploaded have been saved.

It is important that you logout and close your browser. This will help protect your personal information and prevent unauthorized access to it.

[/QUOTE
Hi dan_and

Thank you dan_and
I would like to ask about AOR.
Is that correct, on the day I submit e-APR I will get AOR? My Work Permit expires within 2 months and I'm trying to submit my PR application asap, hopefully before it expires 1 week. With AOR, I can apply BOWP immediately while my Work Permit still valid am I right?

ali023

Jul 9, 2020
Hi,
I have 16 months of canadian experience (2016 october -2018 january), do I eligible for canadian experience class and my crs score is 452. presently, I am in india since 2019feb.