+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help, cancelling application!!

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Hi there

My boyfriend and I applied for a conjugal visa in oct. 2013, we have since realised we should have not applied for conjugal, but waited and applied as common law.

We need to withdraw our application asap! ( we are aware if it is past a certain point we do not get a refund)
Obviously not alot in this process is simple and we would like to know what we do, and how to send it, e-mail? snail mail?
Is it effective immediately? Will we recieve our application back?

Thanks in advance
Jenise and Simon

as well, we are looking to apply asap again as common law, is there a time restriction you must wait to apply again?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can log into your eCas account, I believe there is a link where you can cancel/withdraw your application.

If you cannot access eCas, you should call CIC ASAP.

Good Luck with your Common-Law application. There is no need to wait to re-apply, so long as you are in fact deemed to be a Common-Law couple now (having cohabited together for at least 1 full year).

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Thanks for that, do you know if we will be sent our application package? We sent it in understanding we may not ever see most of the contents again but it would be nice to have some of our evidence, forms, etc. to follow when applying again

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeniselam said:
Thanks for that, do you know if we will be sent our application package? We sent it in understanding we may not ever see most of the contents again but it would be nice to have some of our evidence, forms, etc. to follow when applying again
In theory, everything should be returned to you.

Does your partner (not `boyfriend' ;)) have legal status in Canada right now?

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Thats good news, we are not currently in Canada, but i will head home soon. He is hoping to follow in a few months for a visit. We are hoping the application is approved by the time he has to leave.
Do you know specifically what steps to take while cancelling on our online profile? I am not able to find anything

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are not planning to continue cohabiting, it's going to make it tough to be approved as a Common-Law couple.

How long have you been living together (wherever you are now)?

I don't know the details of cancelling a pending sponsorship application, other than what I've already shared with you.

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
we have just filed a case specific enquiry requesting the application to be cancelled due to the fact we were not in fact deemed a conjugal couple. We will fax our information if nothing is heard within the next few days, though is it known if this is a valid way to cancel the application?

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Ponga said:
In theory, everything should be returned to you.
Is this true? Does that mean that if I withdraw my inland application file right now (haven't received AOR), it will all be returned to me?