+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help! Can i apply for another Working holiday visa?

Caroline Lee

Apr 24, 2019
Hello- I have been granted a working holiday visa in Canada for 2 years as an Australia citizen. I have to be there on the 2nd of May this year but i have had a family emergency and it is unlikely I am going to be able to make that date! Is it possible to apply for another one if you did not get to use your first one providing you are still in the eligible age bracket? Please help :(

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but unfortunately IEC/WHV is usually a use it or lose it opportunity once you get your POE letter it counts as a participation even if you do not travel to Canada. A second participation would only be allowed for a 12 month coop program, whether not landing for the first one still qualifies for that not sure.

Having said above nothing to stop you submitting a web form to explain the circumstances just that time may be against you now given how long might take them to reply.

Last edited:

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
As per above, you cannot get a second one. If you can, fly over and enter Canada, get your permit and return home. At least that way you have 2 years from the time you enter Canada to come back.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello- I have been granted a working holiday visa in Canada for 2 years as an Australia citizen. I have to be there on the 2nd of May this year but i have had a family emergency and it is unlikely I am going to be able to make that date! Is it possible to apply for another one if you did not get to use your first one providing you are still in the eligible age bracket? Please help :(
Use it or lose it. It might be an expensive short trip but if you want to use it, you need fly to Canada by that date.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=937&top=25